Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Gadianton »

Whatever Riskas' flaws, KC didn't refute him. proof?
I’ve several times compared it to the epistemology for paradigm choice developed in Thomas Kuhn’s Th
As soon as you hit the word "kuhn" in any of his papers you can pack up and go home.
Sledge
Area Authority

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Sledge »

Philo Sofee wrote: Christiansen is an epic fail. He didn't touch Riskas, he was upset Riskas didn't write the book Christensen wished he had, and then critiqued a red herring/strawman all the way. That was no review of Riskas, that was avoiding Riskas almost entirely.
Even you have to admit what you've said above isn't true!
I take it I am correct then that you have utterly failed to actually read Riskas.
I don't see why anyone would waste their time with that logorrheic discharge.
And su MrStakhanovite took Riskas to task on Nielsen, but he sure didn't refute Riskas on how badly Riskas dismantled Mormonism now did he? Not a bit of it.
And Riskas got all bent out of shape when someone dared to question him (and he couldn't answer the questions). What does that tell you about the rest of the book? Do you think it's serious scholarship?
Riskas decimated Mormon apologetics. That's the bottom line.
And yet, here it stands, as healthy as ever. Moral of the story: no, he didn't.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Gadianton wrote:
As soon as you hit the word "kuhn" in any of his papers you can pack up and go home.
But Kuhn had important things to say (as did Nielson), and Christensen actually understands the philosophers he cites, unlike Riskas.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lem wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:46 pm
Louis Midgley gemli 4 hours ago

gemli is a very timed, cowardly fellow. I doubt that he has whatever it would take to use coercive force. Keep uin mind that he still hides his identity by posting as gemli because he did not want his Roman Catholic employers to know that he was a silly atheist for fear that he "services" would not be needed.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5412782089
:roll: Midgley lies about people in an unbelievable manner. His lying about gemli, among other lying he has been caught at, casts significant doubt on his apologist stories.
TLS continues to be astonishingly oblivious with this complaint about the mild mannered gemli:
Louis Midgley > gemli

This is a stupid insult by dogmatic gemli. Is it not time that for gemli to be put on a very short leash?
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Lem wrote: :roll: Midgley lies about people in an unbelievable manner. His lying about gemli, among other lying he has been caught at, casts significant doubt on his apologist stories.
You know he is lying? How?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

But Kuhn had important things to say
Kuhn would roll over in his grave if he knew his work was being used to legitimize Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Philo:
I take it I am correct then that you have utterly failed to actually read Riskas.
MG
I don't see why anyone would waste their time with that logorrheic discharge.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion. Anything you say is harmless on this.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Christiansen is an epic fail. He didn't touch Riskas, he was upset Riskas didn't write the book Christensen wished he had, and then critiqued a red herring/strawman all the way. That was no review of Riskas, that was avoiding Riskas almost entirely.
MG
Even you have to admit what you've said above isn't true!
I see you didn't read Christensen either... it figures. You already know it all and you don't even have to bother to read. :lol:
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Sledge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 pm
Lem wrote: :roll: Midgley lies about people in an unbelievable manner. His lying about gemli, among other lying he has been caught at, casts significant doubt on his apologist stories.
You know he is lying? How?
Humanistic discernment.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:09 pm
Louis Midgley > gemli

This is a stupid insult by dogmatic gemli. Is it not time that for gemli to be put on a very short leash?
- Doc
I'm guessing that the Poly Sci faculty at BYU requested that a muzzle be applied to Midgley many times.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace