Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by drumdude »

Zurich wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:05 am
An update from Rosebud:

https://www.mormonrosebud.com/my-beliefs/
That's one of the most sexist things I've read in a long time. There are plenty of women who also think Rosebud is full of crap.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:48 am
Zurich wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:05 am
An update from Rosebud:

https://www.mormonrosebud.com/my-beliefs/
That's one of the most sexist things I've read in a long time. There are plenty of women who also think Rosebud is full of crap.
Yes. The over-arching principles of equality I argued for in this thread, mostly on her behalf, seem to be principles that she herself is still unable to adopt.

I find it ironic she mentions Margaret Atwood (author of The HandMaid’s Tale, etc.) I love Atwood’s books and have read and collected her for years, but what she writes are cautionary tales. As in, “don’t let your world be like this.”

Rosebud perverts Atwood’s message with her real life stereotyping that is pervasive and irritating. For example, there are apparently only two kinds of men:
What the men are really fighting over is money, power and sex. They’re displaying typical human adult male behaviors…[while] those males who become more self-aware of their contributions to the powerful Mormon and ex-Mormon men’s rutting behaviors stop following them and find new places to put their energies.
While all women are like this:
Meanwhile, the women continue to survive and work to balance all their unpaid caretaking labor with their own desires and ambitions. They work hard to achieve with more people take care of and far fewer resources in their hands.
Please. No, not all men are typically power, money and sex hungry unless they become self-aware. And I am definitely sure not all women are as noble and good at care-taking and selflessly persevering as she assumes.

The most generous interpretation one can make is that she has to save face somehow, and can’t just let this go. Less generously, I would say she is as narcissistic as the Mormon males she likes to typify, and she really can’t accept how badly and how much she lost in this power struggle.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I know when I join a company I try to take it over at about the 8 month mark, and I also hump the CEO for good measure. I then try to blackmail the company into firing the CEO if I don't get to run the show. You know. Just bein' hungry for sex, power, and money things.

-_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 am
I know when I join a company I try to take it over at about the 8 month mark, and I also hump the CEO for good measure. I then try to blackmail the company into firing the CEO if I don't get to run the show. You know. Just bein' hungry for sex, power, and money things.

-_-

- Doc
I was ready to slap you until I got to your last sentence! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 am
- Doc
If only she could have been content with a good pastrami on rye, much suffering would have been avoided.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

But no.

She had to go straight for the salami section.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Lem wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:14 am

Yes. The over-arching principles of equality I argued for in this thread, mostly on her behalf, seem to be principles that she herself is still unable to adopt.

Yep. One would have hoped she followed along with your comments and took notes.
I'm concerned that in 10 years she'll repeat this same message.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

This whole saga really is like when the Patriots and Giants play in the Super Bowl. Anyone who is not a fan of one of those teams just wishes there were some way for both to lose.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

---Seahawk fan
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Equality wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:26 pm
This whole saga really is like when the Patriots and Giants play in the Super Bowl. Anyone who is not a fan of one of those teams just wishes there were some way for both to lose.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.