Congratulations DCP

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

asbestosman wrote:
Daniel Peterson wrote:In fact, why don't you give your refrain a number? I think that pi would be appropriate, because it goes on forever without end. You could just say pi! And then again, pi! And then, yet again, pi! And then just pi! pi! pi! pi! pi! Forever.

I disagree. Pi is fun, but aleph 1 would be a better choice as it represents uncountable infinity.

(besides, pi only goes on forever in certain radixes / bases. It is easily represented by a symbol, easily calculated, and does not represent infinity. On the other hand, the irrationality of Pi does seem rather significant to the situation at hand).

I like boysenberry pie.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Mister Scratch wrote: Since no such consensus actually exists, don't you think you ought to publicly retract your "untrustworthy" accusation?

Scratch, one of the primary reason people lie is that they cannot face their personal responsibility. We all understand Dannyboy's one of the biggest liars the board has ever seen (or at least, one of the most transparent ones). What makes you think he's suddenly going to own up to his responsibility now?

I mean, he's a Mormon bishop, for Satan’s sake! He now has a religious obligation to escape responsibility and spread falsehoods.

And really, can you think of anyone who can do the job better than our little Dannyboy?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

The Nehor wrote:I like boysenberry pie.

I like Monty Python

But not for breakfast.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

So has Rollo now officially passed the baton to Scratch, with Some Schmo serving as waterboy?

Rollo, Scratch, and Schmo. They're the team.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Daniel Peterson wrote:So has Rollo now officially passed the baton to Scratch, with Some Schmo serving as waterboy?

Another fine tactic for avoiding responsibility is to try to distract people by degrading others. I would expect no less from a Mormon bishop.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Sometimes I'm tempted to imagine that Schmo is serious. And then they turn off the gas.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Some Schmo wrote:
Daniel Peterson wrote:So has Rollo now officially passed the baton to Scratch, with Some Schmo serving as waterboy?

Another fine tactic for avoiding responsibility is to try to distract people by degrading others.

Incidentally, is Rollo degraded by association with you and Scratch? Is Scratch degraded by being associated with you and Rollo? Are Rollo and Scratch degraded by being linked with you? Or are you saying that you feel degraded by being associated with Rollo and Scratch?

All of the above permutations and combinations make perfect sense to me, so I'm not sure how to distinguish precisely what it is that you intended to say.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Daniel Peterson wrote:Sometimes I'm tempted to imagine that Schmo is serious. And then they turn off the gas.

This would explain your exhibited brain damage.

When are you going to start smearing the gas providers? Make sure to include names, mkay?
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Daniel Peterson wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:

Another fine tactic for avoiding responsibility is to try to distract people by degrading others.

Incidentally, is Rollo degraded by association with you and Scratch? Is Scratch degraded by being associated with you and Rollo? Are Rollo and Scratch degraded by being linked with you? Or are you saying that you feel degraded by being associated with Rollo and Scratch?

All of the above permutations and combinations make perfect sense to me, so I'm not sure how to distinguish precisely what it is that you intended to say.

Ahhh, another fine example of dannyboy reading something the way he wants to see than for what it is.

I suppose the waterboy comment was meant to cast me in a favorable light, was it bishop?
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Well, enough of this. Thinking of gas reminds me of how lightweight Some Schmo is. If he weren't wearing shoes, he'd float entirely away. At least Rollo and Rollo's master have the gravity of grim malice to give them ballast. The Schmo is more like a yipping little Chihuahua that's been inhaling helium.

Basta!