A puzzle about resurrection...weird! (For Believers)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I couldn't eat my supper.

Don't ever look up the biochem of cheeses.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Tarski wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I couldn't eat my supper.

Don't ever look up the biochem of cheeses.

Yah, I just googled it. Thanks. Veganism is looking pretty good.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Nice catch Jersey Girl!

You caught him with his pant and undies all the way down.. then when he tried to pull them up you yanked em back down!

*pumps fist* YEAH!
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Speakin of gross, did you know the bacteria in yogurt is the same found in the butt crack of a human?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Speakin of gross, did you know the bacteria in yogurt is the same found in the butt crack of a human?

CFR!
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Nice catch Jersey Girl!

You caught him with his pant and undies all the way down.. then when he tried to pull them up you yanked em back down!

*pumps fist* YEAH!

PP,

Jersey Girl side tracks me about the semantics of my opinion and somehow that's catching me with my pants down? It's apparent that you're quite desparate in your obsession to attack the church and anything associated with it.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Nice catch Jersey Girl!

*pumps fist* YEAH!

What??? Huh?? What did I catch? Besides Jim Morrison as an airborne contaminant?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

truth dancer wrote:In addition... (smile)

The particles in our body have been used in other bodies, and when we die our bodies turn into the bodies of bacteria...

My understanding is that with each breath we take we inhale particles from every person who has ever lived.

Hmmm...

;-)

~dancer~

Excellent point, TD.

My grandfather told me this shook his faith while he was serving his mission in the early '20s. The question came up because he read that even though Joseph and Hyrum were resurrected, their remains were located and reburied to their current resting place.

He had the opportunity to ask one of the apostles that was visiting (gramps was equivelent to an AP so he roomed with him during his visit).

Here's the analogy:

"You have a 20 dollar gold piece. You put it in a bank. After several years, you make a withdrawel for the full amount. Question: Is it the same 20 dollar gold piece? Well of course not. But what has not changed is it's value. You have lost nothing."

(Now let's keep it simple here folks. I don't want anyone to be going off on the Gold Standard or the Principle of Compound Interest)

With what we understand about DNA etc, I don't have a problem with this at all.

But it begs the question, will Dollie's clones be resurrected too??
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

The Whole Bloody Mess..

Post by _Inconceivable »

ajax18 wrote:Bible Dictionary,

"Resurrection means to become immortal, without blood, yet in a body of flesh and bone." I still haven't found the scripture though.

Ok, you asked for it, the mind and will of the Lord through his Special Witnesses:

There is much comprehended in this passage that is not fully realized and understood by the great mass of the human family. To fully understand it, it is necessary we should understand the true condition of fallen man; then we shall see the necessity of a new birth: otherwise, perhaps, we should see no necessity for it. It is recorded in Scripture history that our first parents, while in the garden of Eden, transgressed a certain law and commandment of the Almighty, by partaking of a certain forbidden fruit; which transgression brought them under condemnation, and subjected them to a certain penalty, which was the death of their bodies of flesh and bones. "Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return," was the penalty pronounced upon Adam. Previous to this, Adam was a pure, innocent being: he was not contaminated with sin, and was entirely destitute of the knowledge of good and evil. He was a being intended in his construction to endure for evermore. Death had no dominion over his tabernacle: the principle of blood which flows in the mortal tabernacles of men did not exist in his immortal body; but his veins and arteries contained a fluid of a far purer nature than that of blood: in other words, they were filled with the spirit of life, in which was calculated to preserve them in immortality. Though they partook of various kinds of fruit in the garden, yet there was no fruit in that garden, except one called the forbidden fruit, which would have the least tendency to destroy the principles of immortality that reigned within them. They were organized to endure, bodies and spirits united, millions of ages. By the transgression of that simple law given to them; they fell from immortality to mortality: their bodies partook of disease; the seeds of death were sown within them; and in the day that Adam eat thereof, (reckoning according to the Lord's time,) he passed away and returned to his mother dust.Query:

John Dehlin 7:254 Orson Pratt Sept 11, 1859 SLC

And this is the second clothing; this is immortal. This incorruptible is free from the coarser elements that enter into these mortal tabernacles, and free from these seeds of dissolution and decay, and those things that wear out, and destroy using. Herein then is life. We eat and drink and live, and yet that very eating and drinking destroys us. We partake of the fruits and elements of the earth, and that build up these mortal tabernacles, and when they have been built up to a certain stage, the very process by which we build them up destroys them again, and they perish with the using. They are worn out in the objects for which they are created. Just like our clothing, boots, and shoes, and hats, do they perish with their using. Not so with the immortal; the spirit is clothed upon with the immortal tabernacle. Is it like the mortal? Yes; and yet unlike, like so far as the form is concerned; the form and organism constituted to the spirit, and to the labor which has to be performed throughout eternity; but not composed of perishable materials. That immortal tabernacle, that incorruptible, will have no blood circulating in its veins. That is free from the gross elements of this earth, form the fruits of this earth, form the grains and vegetables of this earth.Query:

John Dehlin 19:275-276 Erastus Snow March 3, 1878

Who could have dreamed we would someday be capable of searching (violating) the entire Journal of Discourses in less than a second?!! It's no wonder that only GA's are aloud to quote from it.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Thanks for posting those quotes, Inconceivable. This idea of blood being a corrupting agent reminds me of the early medical techniques of bleeding someone who had a disease...get rid of the "bad blood" and the disease will go away. Once the germ theory of disease took hold, we understood this idea to be incorrect. Sure, some diseases are transported in the blood, but the blood is not the source of those diseases.

I wonder what the new spiritual fluid that replaces blood in the resurrection will be called? Jesus Juice?