Why would God design an organism that does this?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Why would God design an organism that does this?

Post by _Runtu »

Chap wrote:But Daddy, rules don't just come from nowhere. So: who made the rules for the LDS deity?

Shut up, kid. You're asking too many questions. :lol:

That's where it falls apart, isn't it?

The traditional "God as first cause" is, ultimately, responsible for all good and evil in his creations, which is why people have been trying to resolve the "problem of evil" for centuries.

The LDS answer to "Why is there evil?" is a shrug of the shoulders. "That's just the way it is, kid. Try not to think about it."
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

Maybe the penguins think that raping baby penguins will cure their AIDS.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Runtu wrote:
Chap wrote:I was hoping that might be obvious, but evidently it wasn't, so thanks for pointing it out!

Of course, the God of LDS theology isn't really "almighty." He has to follow the rules that Gods have always followed. So, the answer to the OP is that God had no choice; that's just the way the universe works.

It's turtles all the way down.

Give God a break, He was once a man just like us remember....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I swear...every time I read the title of this thread, I think it says this:

"Why would God design an orgasm that does this?

What's wrong with me? LOL :lol:
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Yoda wrote:I swear...every time I read the title of this thread, I think it says this:

"Why would God design an orgasm that does this?

What's wrong with me? LOL :lol:

You need to pray and read scriptures more. And get out less.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Still no reasonable explanation why God would create necrophiliac rapist penguins.

Or ducks.

I just don't get it.

- Doc

We have a pro hockey team nearby called the Ducks. I understand they can exhibit similar behavior.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

The difficulty Penguins have is that their wings aren't long enough to facilitate little factory play time.
All that pent up fishy frustration has to find release somehow.

Amiright Moksha?

Had God not created our arms at an appropriate length, the human species (I'm not including Quasi's 'Ducks') would behave like a box of hamsters.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Bazooka wrote:The difficulty Penguins have is that their wings aren't long enough to facilitate little factory play time.
All that pent up fishy frustration has to find release somehow.

Amiright Moksha?

That may have been the reason the Tyrannosaurii first introduced polygamy. However, the Triceratops were an even hornier group.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Hyuck Hyuck hyuck
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Darwin considered this quite a bit:

With respect to the theological view of the question. This is always painful to me. I am bewildered. I had no intention to write atheistically. But I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidæ with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice. Not believing this, I see no necessity in the belief that the eye was expressly designed. On the other hand, I cannot anyhow be contented to view this wonderful universe, and especially the nature of man, and to conclude that everything is the result of brute force. I am inclined to look at everything as resulting from designed laws, with the details, whether good or bad, left to the working out of what we may call chance. Not that this notion at all satisfies me. I feel most deeply that the whole subject is too profound for the human intellect. A dog might as well speculate on the mind of Newton. Let each man hope and believe what he can. Certainly I agree with you that my views are not at all necessarily atheistical. volume II, chapter VII: "The 'Origin of Species'", pages 311-312; letter to Asa Gray (22 May 1860)
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov