Des News - Believers Finding God in Science

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_nc47
_Emeritus

Re: Des News - Believers Finding God in Science

Post by _nc47 »

Themis wrote:
nc47 wrote:
What about you? Have you had a science class before?

Why does it matter? Why not just provide some substance to the discussion instead of just dismissing people because you think they don't know enough? Krose provided some and you never provided any on why you think his observations are incorrect. Until then, no one can really have a meaningful discussion with you.

I have a bad experience with people who don't have any training. They just say irrelevant stuff instead of discuss the science, which is what I want to do.

Be great if Simon Southerton can comment.
"It is so hard to believe because it is so hard to obey." - Soren Kierkegaard
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

nc47 wrote: They just say irrelevant stuff instead of discuss the science, which is what I want to do.

It can be frustrating when someone does not know the subject and goes off just saying irrelevant stuff or hand-waving. Maybe you know how we feel of your contributions so far. :wink:
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

Themis wrote:
nc47 wrote: They just say irrelevant stuff instead of discuss the science, which is what I want to do.

It can be frustrating when someone does not know the subject and goes off just saying irrelevant stuff or hand-waving. Maybe you know how we feel of your contributions so far. :wink:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I don't care what you think about me. As soon as someone who knows something comes in, I'll have a chance to strut my stuff.
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

Link to National Academy Statement:

http://www.nas.edu/evolution/Compatibility.html
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

nc47 wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I don't care what you think about me. As soon as someone who knows something comes in, I'll have a chance to strut my stuff.

LOL I always love when people have to give themselves an out. Especially the kind that says I am to smart to engage any body excuse to hide their own ignorance. Have fun.

by the way I am not saying you are ignorant or stupid. Only that you haven't really provided anything to really discuss and only seem to be using excuses for not doing so.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

In my experience, the most intelligent and educated people are those who are confident in their ability to communicate with others, regardless of the others' background or education level.

Does anyone else remember when Tal Bachman came in here and complained that there wasn't anyone here who was smart enough for him to engage? I do. I wasn't particularly impressed then, either.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

nc47 wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I don't care what you think about me. As soon as someone who knows something comes in, I'll have a chance to strut my stuff.

Can you share with us what qualifications a worthy person might need to possess before you deem them worthy of interacting with you?
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

nc47 wrote:As soon as someone who knows something comes in, I'll have a chance to strut my stuff.

Ceeboo is in the house!

Strut on!

:smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

Bazooka wrote:

Can you share with us what qualifications a worthy person might need to possess before you deem them worthy of interacting with you?

Someone with a math/science/computer science/engineering/medicine degree or minor would be nice.
_nc47
_Emeritus

Post by _nc47 »

Ceeboo wrote:
nc47 wrote:As soon as someone who knows something comes in, I'll have a chance to strut my stuff.

Ceeboo is in the house!

Strut on!

:smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo

Aren't you an evangelical Christian?