How will the "Witness" be portrayed?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: How will the "Witness" be portrayed?

Post by _Gadianton »

the easy thing is to latch on to whatever comments were made about money rather than deal with the real issue: this film has huge potential to advance the position of the first vision as allegorical and to justify the witnesses within their narrative rather that make a serious case for the witness to have happened in reality.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:the easy thing is to latch on to whatever comments were made about money rather than deal with the real issue: this film has huge potential to advance the position of the first vision as allegorical and to justify the witnesses within their narrative rather that make a serious case for the witness to have happened in reality.

I wonder if the Executive Producer views the film as a kind of "star vehicle"....
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Will they go "all the way," like what Spielberg did in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind?

It would make a fun scene for the audience to see Joseph Smith meet with a couple of aliens from Close Encounters, especially if he signaled them he was ready for the meeting by the whistling the Close Encounters theme.

Perhaps they could also include that poster from Fox Mulder's office, "I want to believe" in the opening sequence.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace