The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2010

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2010

Post by _Darth J »

How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife,
In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

RockSlider wrote:gonna be Boooorrring.

1. MAD turned into hip/Christian/testimonkey site (hehe PP), or closed.

I wouldn't find such a development boring.

RockSlider wrote:2. MI cutbacks are not only financial but public visibility cut off and reduced to higher education academic pursuits (i.e. BYU cares, no one else does).

Again, very interesting to me.

RockSlider wrote:3. Mormon Apologetics goes the way of the dinosaur.

Never.

RockSlider wrote:4. The trailer park all of a sudden seems to have a new found air of acceptability.

Well, I prefer honest to respectable.

RockSlider wrote:5. Dr. Scratch is heard singing "who's afraid of the big bad wolf?"

How many times do I have to listen to that?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:Isn't it possible that Oaks has caught wind of some of the crap going on there and is threatening to pull recommends if things continue?

Whoa there! That would actually restore my faith in humanity. Sounds like an impossible dream.

Gadianton wrote:I mean, there is really only one of two explanations here. Either the brethren are threatening MAD, or MAD has completely lost its bearings since DCP has left. I think it's 65% likely that their "vacation" is a desperate attempt to figure out how to stop the bleeding since DCP left them in the gutter to die, and 35% chance that Oaks has mentioned displeasure to Scott Gordon about one or more aspects of MAD's operational policy, and church standings are hanging in the balance.

Well, all I can say is that I welcome any change that ends the reign of terror of that serial killer of souls, MA&D.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor Scratch wrote:You know, I envy you, The Nehor. I'm sure that these "voices" you speak of could never equal the sort of hallucinations, visions, and astral voyages you've entertained over the years.

I understand your envy. I would choose the visions of God over demented imaginings of petty conspiracies too.

That yours are fake just makes it more sad.

Need a hug?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

The Nehor wrote:I would choose the visions of God over demented imaginings of petty conspiracies too.

I had no idea that God took his people on astral voyages! Well, it really is true that you learn something new every day.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

9. The Apostasy of Darth J. The apologists created one of their most formidable new enemies in the form of the poster known as Darth J. Stunningly erudite, and with an encyclopedic knowledge of apologetic issues seeming at his fingertips, Darth J. has made mincemeat out of every apologist who's been stupid enough to confront him. Dr. Darth J., a professor at Cassius University, has noted that the aptly named MADboard played a pivotal role in leading him out of the LDS Church.

He hasn't won a single debate against me. In fact, he typically devolves into something slightly off-topic whenever he gets into trouble which signifies a loss in most respectable circles.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Darth J wrote:How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife,
In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?

If you're Scratch, it probably means twelve times having to wheedle money out of mom for your WOW subscription.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

The Nehor wrote:If you're Scratch, it probably means twelve times having to wheedle money out of mom for your WOW subscription.

The man speaks from personal experience.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I lie not when I admit that this is the annual thread that I most look forward to all year.

Self-congratulatory threads always release endorphins. So it's sorta like drug abuse in terms of actual value and effect.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Celeste
_Emeritus

Post by _Celeste »

Accurate or not, Scratch's posts are very entertaining. The entertainment would be greater if MADB were online. I'll have to wait for the board war, I guess.