Church Opens More Missions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
BeNotDeceived
Elder

Re: Church Opens More Missions

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:18 pm
God's 'master plan' was created by a con-man, charlatan and scam artist of the highest order.
See how Joseph Smith interpreted and translated the characters and writing in Facsimile No. 3 and there is no question that his work was a con job. There is nothing MG 2.0 can say to make those things true. They are lies. Joseph Smith was a liar.
Guy was a total douchebag! But let's all sing 'Praise to the Man' shall we? :lol: :x :oops:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 pm
56,000 to 72,000 missionaries in two years. 36 new missions. The gospel being preached to more and more nations.
Which means the Facsimiles of the Book of Abraham and their FALSE Explanations are being published and put on display to more and more people because the Mormon cult is a dishonest and lying organization.

Does that make you feel proud, MG 2.0?

Are you proud of the Book of Abraham message that is being taken to 36 new missions? If so, shame on you.

Let's discuss it, shall we?
yellowstone123
High Councilman

Post by yellowstone123 »

tldr: didn’t the church close my mission that I spent a month there: the Ohio Cleveland mission, but opening up missions in foreign countries is important.

I’m sure if the man from a foreign country who earns $15:00 a week and his wife questions him harshly saying the family can live on $13:50. He must add another job to his 60 hour primary job.

By the time he is 60 the likely of him moving is low. His knees hurt. Hopefully he can take some pain medication. I’m sure he’ll have an administrative job at ten times the salary of his original job.

Digging for gold along side 13 year olds for ten years so we get our iPhones and Moroni is gold plated shows is what’s important. His body is breaking. So-called General Authorities are flying first class and using rental cars. Believe me, I checked Thomas Monson and Paul Dunn in on their rental cars. I’m pretty sure it was Sunday nights and they flew back to Utah.

Let’s face it, men do backbreaking mind breaking work.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
The plates, the angel, and the Book of Mormon resulted in a worldwide movement where the gospel net is gathering in the honest in heart.
And also the papyri, translations, and the Book of Abraham Facsimiles being combined with the Book of Mormon and given to those poor people (in the new missions) who don't know how to read ancient Egyptian.

Tell me, MG 2.0, what does honest in heart have to do with the lies of Facsimile No. 3?

I'm all ears. You have my full attention.

You may now speak.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
The fact is, you can’t stop it Shulem…no matter how hard you try. But I’m sure you already know that.
What else are you sure I already know?

I know the Facsimiles of the Book of Abraham are a disgrace and your new missions are taking these to people in Africa and hoodwinking them. I find that to be despicable, wouldn't you say?

What are you doing to help your church see the light and get rid of the Facsimiles? You have an obligation to speak up in the face of so much corruption among your church leaders. It's clear that the leaders of your church are corrupt.

Do something. Don't just sit there, for Christ's sake!
I Have Questions
Bishop

Post by I Have Questions »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:52 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:42 am
I've found the answer...

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... sus-christ

So the number now includes those young service missionaries that I highlighted would be included in the number to make the missionary force seem higher.
I think the April 2024 release of the 2023 statistical report will tell the tale. Right now, we can still compare end of 2022 and the numbers released in 2023 on an apples to apples basis. If the April 2024 report doesn't report a total for youth service missionaries, you will indeed have shown yourself as a prophet.
Maybe, but the quote I provided clearly shows young service missionaries are included in the 72,000 figure just announced.
Dwight
Teacher

Post by Dwight »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm
So if I understand you correctly, it seems you are trying to impress the critics that church growth is a sign in which the one true Church will continue to operate and function leading up to the second coming of Jesus Christ. Is that what you are trying to impress upon us, MG 2.0? But I suppose the Jehovah's Witnesses could claim the same thing and boast about how their 117,960 congregations consisting of 8,514,983 members is proof that no unhallowed hand can stop them from growing and ushering in Jesus and the millennium.

But in either case, I am not impressed with how religious cults manage to gather and entrap people in order to brainwash them.
If numbers are a sign, Seventh-day Adventists started 30ish years later and they have 22,234,406 members. They do not seem to have an Ensign Peak Fund, they have a worth over 10 billion, but it's peanuts compared to what the Mormons have.
I Have Questions
Bishop

Post by I Have Questions »

Dwight wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:06 am
Shulem wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm
So if I understand you correctly, it seems you are trying to impress the critics that church growth is a sign in which the one true Church will continue to operate and function leading up to the second coming of Jesus Christ. Is that what you are trying to impress upon us, MG 2.0? But I suppose the Jehovah's Witnesses could claim the same thing and boast about how their 117,960 congregations consisting of 8,514,983 members is proof that no unhallowed hand can stop them from growing and ushering in Jesus and the millennium.

But in either case, I am not impressed with how religious cults manage to gather and entrap people in order to brainwash them.
If numbers are a sign, Seventh-day Adventists started 30ish years later and they have 22,234,406 members. They do not seem to have an Ensign Peak Fund, they have a worth over 10 billion, but it's peanuts compared to what the Mormons have.
The 7th Day Adventists also provide members and the public with a transparent and detailed financial report. They have nothing to hide.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I Have Questions wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:20 am
The 7th Day Adventists also provide members and the public with a transparent and detailed financial report. They have nothing to hide.
7th Day Adventists don't take sacred writings from Egyptian tombs and corrupt them with false interpretations by making a mockery of them in their official publications trying to one-up another religion. The Mormons are a vicious and corrupt people -- self-righteous and prideful. The leadership of the church consists of a bunch of assholes that refuse to apologize for anything.

Disgusting.

:x
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MG 2.0 wrote:
The fact is, you can’t stop it Shulem…no matter how hard you try. But I’m sure you already know that.

Regards,
MG
It has been said that the Lord will trample out the vineyard where the grapes of wrath are stored.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace