Joseph Bishop passed away

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Bishop passed away

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:
Shulem wrote:Really? Does he love me when I'm making love to my gay husband? Shall I wave my hand and say "Hi God, I'm making love, look at me"!

Does God watch with both eyes open? Does he close one eye? Does he squint and pretend not to watch? Does he close his eyes?

Elohim Man God! Look at me!

:lol:

God hates your sin, but he loves you.

Yeah right. I’ve heard that before; back in the day when I said it to others. But I’ve grown out of that crap nonsense. When will you?

I and my sins are one. I am my sins and my sins are me. If you love me you love who I am. “F” of Mormon god. You’re a joke.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

peacemaker wrote:I know that I will go to the celestial kingdom. Goodbye anti-mormons.

See you tomorrow.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

peacemaker wrote:
I have a question wrote:So now you’re going with that the Church DID have a policy (the opposite of what you started with) but that the Church didn’t know Bishop had committed adultery.

Why didn’t the Church know he was an adulterer?

Church leaders are not perfect and God doesn't reveal everything to General Authorities.

Why would they need God to reveal it? Wouldn’t Joseph Bishop have confessed it to his Bishop or General Authority when having his temple recommend renewed?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

I have a question wrote:Why would they need God to reveal it? Wouldn’t Joseph Bishop have confessed it to his Bishop or General Authority when having his temple recommend renewed?

Joseph Bishop did not immediately confess his sin.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
peacemaker wrote:I know Joseph Bishop is the MTC president in the spirit world and [...]

Hi Peacemaker, just wondering if your testimony regarding Joseph Bishop’s current state is unchanged.

Hi Peacemaker,
Thought you might have missed this question about your testimony.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_I have a question
_Emeritus

peacemaker wrote:
I have a question wrote:Why would they need God to reveal it? Wouldn’t Joseph Bishop have confessed it to his Bishop or General Authority when having his temple recommend renewed?

Joseph Bishop did not immediately confess his sin.

When did Joseph Bishop confess his sin?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Has a pass away date been scheduled?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

I have a question wrote:When did Joseph Bishop confess his sin?

Joseph Bishop confessed his sin before he died. Joseph Bishop was a good man and helped many people. He financially helped a desperate family in need and did so much for charity. I know God will forgive him of his sins.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

I find it a pleasant and reassuring thought that I have absolutely no obligation to judge Mr Bishops guilt or innocence. I have been on a jury with a difficult decision. It was no fun. In this matter I am happy to leave the matter to God.

Either way I see no real baring upon the question of the validity of LDS claims.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

peacemaker wrote:
I have a question wrote:When did Joseph Bishop confess his sin?

Joseph Bishop confessed his sin before he died. Joseph Bishop was a good man and helped many people. He financially helped a desperate family in need and did so much for charity. I know God will forgive him of his sins.

So he lied during temple recommend interviews as President of the MTC, and he lied during temple recommend interviews after he’d finished?