Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Great points, Dr. Robbers. DCP, Midgley, Kiwi, and others are pretty relentless in their ridicule of Gemli: it seems pretty clear that they want him to suffer. But, hey: I guess we're all going to get a slice of that Godly comfort and peace, regardless of whether or not we accept the claims of Mormonism. So you really have to wonder about the motivation behind the (daily) attacks on Gemli.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I have to give the Proprietor a little bit of credit and for clarifying his universalist impulses and quoting LDS authorities who I guess imply that non-believers aren't totally left in the cold. That wasn't really what was at issue, the issue was the peace in the here-and-now God dispenses, but still, it's worth something. It's just nuts in that very thread, Kiwi57 and Lou Midgley go full-on "divisive" and attack Moksha. Dr. Cam documented this elsewhere, but this is where Midgley votes that every call Moksha a "dunce".

Yeah, I'm sure if Jesus were here, he'd say, "Hey that's a great idea Lou, let's put a big dunce cap on Moksha and make fun of him. Ha ha ha!"

I guess I remember the Jesus who said, referring to the Roman soldiers, "forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Unless Mr. Midgley has taken a spear to his side from a critic, he has no grounds for speaking about Moksha the way he does.

P.S. Some new poster called "tav" just showed up and the apologists are having a tough time keeping up. Looks like another banning is in SeN's future?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Man: Wyatt just cannot catch a break! Look at this latest insult:
Proletarius wrote:So what's up with the Interpreter? It's not even Friday.

I thought you guys collapsed like 999 weeks ago.
Daniel Peterson wrote:Somehow, the thing keeps sputtering along. With scarcely any pulse, of course.
The thing is: this might be funny if Peterson was actually running it himself. A little self-deprecating humor is always welcome. But DCP is *not* running it. Wyatt is.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Professor Scratch,

Would it be fair to say that for "999 weeks" Wyatt has been answering his emails and posting the ones he likes to a blog on Fridays?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Peterson is merely practicing for his future "God thing," you know.... where he delegates all others to do the real work, while he gets the full credit and glory. He is destined for Elohim greatness!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:30 am
Professor Scratch,

Would it be fair to say that for "999 weeks" Wyatt has been answering his emails and posting the ones he likes to a blog on Fridays?
Well....I would prefer the slightly more precise observation that he's likely getting email attachments (or, heck: the authors just upload the whole files on Interpreter's site) and he picks the one he likes. But that's a distinction without a difference, and thus purely academic.

But something is very seriously going on, because this is Friday, and there has not been an announcement about new material posted to the "Mormon Interpreter" blog. How many weeks in a row has this been happening? Has the edifice at last begun to crumble? I mean, of course there was no "Thank you" for Allen Wyatt, but that's to be expected. But no mention of a new article? That's *highly* unusual. Bond....James Bond's prediction may at last be coming true.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

"Has the edifice at last begun to crumble? I mean, of course there was no "Thank you" for Allen Wyatt, but that's to be expected. But no mention of a new article? That's *highly* unusual. Bond....James Bond's prediction may at last be coming true."

Perhaps so, Professor. I recall the magnificent Dr. Suess story from my youth, Yertle the Turtle. I think if that story as an analogy holds, we both know who "a turtle names Max" is, and also know who "King Yertle" (oh marvelous he!) is.

_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Ha ha ha! What do you know? At the eleventh hour, mention of the new article has appeared. How badly did it hurt to have to do this in light of the latest "indignities"?
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

On "Sic et Non," we're helpfully informed that "new items went up today on the website of the Interpreter Foundation." What interesting is that one of these items was partly authored by Dr. Peterson; so, he has no problem announcing his own stuff. Do you think there is any mention of or thanking of Allen Wyatt, though? No. Not a word.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Do you think on weeks where they might come up short on a Friday article that they have a few "in reserve," pre-written by you-know-who?