The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:52 pm
malkie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:41 pm

This is so good.

- Doc
One is the way God operates in the world insofar as the way He reveals truth to mankind. The other is what many/most of us do from time to time. 🙂

It is difficult to tell the difference, granted. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try, right?

The Office. One of the best comedy shows of all time. Pam was great.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:11 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm

No. My response to Res Ipsa may help you understand where I am coming from.

Regards,
MG
:lol:
And my subsequent response to him.

Hope this helps. 🎅

Res Ipsa is the man today. It’s worth the investment of time in this instance. Generally, he brings up some interesting points/questions. Although this time around I think he was borderline snarky.

Your responses recently have been short and succinct. Probably better to keep it that way. 😉

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: But my main objection to your specific tactics is the ugliness behind the smiley face mask that you present to us.
I don’t have any devious tactics, Rep Ipsa. I have no illusions that the gospel message presented by the LDS church is going to be somewhat distasteful and even abhorrent to many folks. There is no “ugliness” behind the smiley face. I am a decent and kind person with no interest in changing anyone else. I do have in interest, however, in counterbalancing views that I see as mistaken and dangerous. I don’t see that has being at odds with that which is just and true.
in my opinion the ugliness Res Ipsa was referring to is how you treat your fellow human beings. You can refer to that all you like as “counterbalancing views,” but it’s not.
I DO NOT see you or other atheists as being inherently evil. As I mentioned, I do think you are gravely mistaken, and that others ought to give a second thought…and a third…to taking the path of secular humanistic and/or atheistic thought. But at the end of the day, we are all free to choose. But you, an evil and corrupt human being? I would absolutely hope not. In my opinion are you helping or hindering what I believe to be the work of the Lord? Well, the answer to that is rather obvious.
I’ve read some of your past posts. You absolutely do think people who don’t believe as you do are evil. You have even stated various specific ways you think so, for example, you stated that atheists are inherently are more likely to be dishonest. Your protestations now are ridiculous.

Going on, your opinion today is that others who do not have your beliefs are, by their very act of believing differently than you, in some way hindering what you believe in, in a way you believe is obvious. :roll: You just stated that, in your opinion, atheists are inherently evil for disagreeing with you. Even when you’re trying not to show it the ugliness comes through.
But…I think you are mistaken in what I…and others…and God think about folks that are different from ourselves. God has commanded us to love ALL His children. Even those that have left the family of God behind and gone their own way.

I am a decent and kind person with no interest in changing anyone else.
Your posts here say otherwise.
That's what's behind your smiley face mask, which slips from time to time to reveal the ugliness hiding behind it.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 am
Marcus wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:26 pm
You say "okay. Obviously the current Chef's position is right, so I will like what the current Chef tells me is currently best. And I will eat nowhere else, and I will tip an extra 10% forever even though the Chef refuses to share it with anyone, and I will also clean all the restaurant bathrooms weekly, for free, because the Chef tells me that's how I can best express my loyalty. "

Then you sit yourself in the front window of the restaurant, choking down your patty-less burger and your charcoal stick fries, and you mock and laugh at all the people walking by who aren't loyal enough to eat what they are told to eat by a changing Chef with no taste.
Brilliant.
Thank you!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:48 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 pm

I don’t have any devious tactics, Rep Ipsa. I have no illusions that the gospel message presented by the LDS church is going to be somewhat distasteful and even abhorrent to many folks. There is no “ugliness” behind the smiley face. I am a decent and kind person with no interest in changing anyone else. I do have in interest, however, in counterbalancing views that I see as mistaken and dangerous. I don’t see that has being at odds with that which is just and true.
in my opinion the ugliness Res Ipsa was referring to is how you treat your fellow human beings. You can refer to that all you like as “counterbalancing views,” but it’s not.
I DO NOT see you or other atheists as being inherently evil. As I mentioned, I do think you are gravely mistaken, and that others ought to give a second thought…and a third…to taking the path of secular humanistic and/or atheistic thought. But at the end of the day, we are all free to choose. But you, an evil and corrupt human being? I would absolutely hope not. In my opinion are you helping or hindering what I believe to be the work of the Lord? Well, the answer to that is rather obvious.
I’ve read some of your past posts. You absolutely do think people who don’t believe as you do are evil. You have even stated various specific ways you think so, for example, you stated that atheists are inherently are more likely to be dishonest. Your protestations now are ridiculous.

Going on, your opinion today is that others who do not have your beliefs are, by their very act of believing differently than you, in some way hindering what you believe in, in a way you believe is obvious. :roll: You just stated that, in your opinion, atheists are inherently evil for disagreeing with you. Even when you’re trying not to show it the ugliness comes through.
But…I think you are mistaken in what I…and others…and God think about folks that are different from ourselves. God has commanded us to love ALL His children. Even those that have left the family of God behind and gone their own way.

That's what's behind your smiley face mask, which slips from time to time to reveal the ugliness hiding behind it.
It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, you have a penchant/knack for twisting words and making something out of nothing.

You’re a magician!

Nothing=empty=vacuous

Essentially that’s all you’ve been good for since you arrived.

I can’t remember one interesting/productive conversation I’ve had with you.

nothing=empty=vacuous=waste of time

🙁

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:48 am

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:32 am
It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, you have a penchant/knack for twisting words and making something out of nothing.
You mean the same ‘nothing’ multiple other people have pointed out to you, multiple times? Aww. The truth hurts, 2, but hang in there. You’ll survive. : D
….I can’t remember one interesting/productive conversation I’ve had with you.

nothing=empty=vacuous=waste of time

🙁
Also you….
I am a decent and kind person….
: D

But don’t worry about it, 2.0. I’m not offended by your unkindness. Your productivity and interest in a conversation is your responsibility, not mine.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:37 am
Your productivity and interest in a conversation is your responsibility, not mine.
That’s rather obvious. You could help though. :lol:

Looks like this rather long thread may have run it’s course.

It’s been a ride.

All over the place.

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

malkie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:41 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:28 pm
I think I need a primer on the difference between "line upon line, precept on precept" and "making stuff up as you go along."
This is fantastic
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

sure this horse isn't dead?

oh pardon me , I do not wish to interrupt the party.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:14 am
sure this horse isn't dead?

oh pardon me , I do not wish to interrupt the party.
Beating dead horses is our national sport!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.