New Here --Suspended from MAD for Arguing with DCP- Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

I'm throwing my lot in with Book of Mormon on this one.
I want to fly!
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

wenglund wrote:I trust that your experience here will be far more mutually suitable and rewarding than your brief experience at MA&D. I wish I could say the same for myself, but alas, I am differently disposed.

Well dude, I've recommended that you take the stick out of your ass to improve your disposition, but you don't want to take my advice, so live with it.

I'm starting to think you really like the feel of it in there.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Zoidberg
_Emeritus

Post by _Zoidberg »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Just popping in to mention that I like Selek. Sincerely.

I like him, too. The amount of entertainment he provides is priceless.
"reason and religion are friends and allies" - Mitt Romney
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:Nobody expects the Steussite Inquisition...

The streets will run red with Hawaiian Punch. There will be gnashing of teeth, and Wailers and Melody Makers… and Marleys.

It will be magnificent.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Wade, I sense you're insinuating that those that are cruel, demeaning and hateful are less so than those that are less careful with their words?

Have you considered that you are looking at the boards with a preference brought about from your own loyalty to your team?

Again, I wasn't intending to point fingers (in either direction), nor was I taking or rooting for one side. I simply stated a generic preference for myself, while respecting that other may have different preferences.

Surely you recognize that vulgarity does not require curses?

Surely I do.

Certainly it's a bit "rawer" here. Yet hate fluffed under pretty words is no less hateful.

Agreed. And, as previously intimated, I am disinclined towards either.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_mms
_Emeritus

Post by _mms »

wenglund wrote:Hi mms,

If you are of the mind to complain about MA&D and DCP, then I know of no better place on the net than this to do so. In fact, these topics are perhaps the two most popular discussed here, followed closely by disdain for Juliann and perhaps Charity, if not also loss of faith due to Church history (which I noticed you also recently openned a thread thereon). You are absolutely free here to dwell as much and as long on these things as your heart desires, and you can get as angry and disdainful as you need and it will be empathized with and welcomed. And, if you are partial to dropping the F-bomb and using other vulgar terms (though trasparently disguised with **** and _____), you will fit right in. I trust that your experience here will be far more mutually suitable and rewarding than your brief experience at MA&D. I wish I could say the same for myself, but alas, I am differently disposed.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Hi, Wade,

Please re-read your post carefully and see if meant to say the things about me, personally, that you did in there. I have read many, many of your posts and if you put them together they would make a rather bland alternative dispute resolution workbook, but you have clearly gone to very great efforts to try to move past the personal and into the actual issues and any possible resolution. It is for this reason that I was surprised to read the above post from you.

As you know, I am currently suspended from MAD for my manner of disagreement with DCP, so I have now found another place to discuss matters. As you also know, in that same thread, several pages earlier, I was told that I will spend an eternity in hell by someone on your "team"-- you took no issue with him stating that even though you participated in the thread. You took no issue with it because you are not consistent--you reserve your personal attacks for critics or those who you deem to be critics because they question things as I am.

Have you re-read your post? Do you see what I mean? Do you want me to spell it out?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

Runtu wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Wade, I sense you're insinuating that those that are cruel, demeaning and hateful are less so than those that are less careful with their words?

Have you considered that you are looking at the boards with a preference brought about from your own loyalty to your team?

Surely you recognize that vulgarity does not require curses?

Certainly it's a bit "rawer" here. Yet hate fluffed under pretty words is no less hateful.

I've said before that the hatred on some other boards, although couched in less vulgar language, is far more visceral and cruel than anything I've seen here.

I can respect that you see it that way. And, regardless of whether you are accurate in your perceptions or not, I greatly appreciate the excellent example you set in striving to not contribute to the hatred or vulgarity on any board where you participate.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

wenglund wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Certainly it's a bit "rawer" here. Yet hate fluffed under pretty words is no less hateful.

Agreed. And, as previously intimated, I am disinclined towards either.

ROFLMAO. I would rather see the word "bulls&!t" here and there, than this crap.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

FYI: KUSC.org (classical) is having a donation marathon but has the best of the best classical music on this weekend. You can listen to it with your realplayer or windows or whatever. Tune in KUSC.org

now back to the normal thread.
I want to fly!
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

mms wrote:
wenglund wrote:Hi mms,

If you are of the mind to complain about MA&D and DCP, then I know of no better place on the net than this to do so. In fact, these topics are perhaps the two most popular discussed here, followed closely by disdain for Juliann and perhaps Charity, if not also loss of faith due to Church history (which I noticed you also recently openned a thread thereon). You are absolutely free here to dwell as much and as long on these things as your heart desires, and you can get as angry and disdainful as you need and it will be empathized with and welcomed. And, if you are partial to dropping the F-bomb and using other vulgar terms (though trasparently disguised with **** and _____), you will fit right in. I trust that your experience here will be far more mutually suitable and rewarding than your brief experience at MA&D. I wish I could say the same for myself, but alas, I am differently disposed.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Hi, Wade,

Please re-read your post carefully and see if meant to say the things about me, personally, that you did in there.

I respectfully did as you suggested, and I was not the least suprised to confirm to my own mind that I didn't actually say anything about you (though I did say some undisputed and non-controversial things about this board), but as intended, qualified each comment with the very important hypothetical "if". I really don't know enough about you to say much of anything about you. I can only hypothesize based on what little I have read from you.

I have read many, many of your posts and if you put them together they would make a rather bland alternative dispute resolution workbook, but you have clearly gone to very great efforts to try to move past the personal and into the actual issues and any possible resolution. It is for this reason that I was surprised to read the above post from you.

While it is true that I didn't speak directly to the issue of your being suspended from MA&D for arguing with DCP (that is not a topic I find productive to discuss here), I did address it indirectly by suggesting the possibility that your experience here may be better than there. And, while it was addressed personally to you, it was intended as an open and accepting greeting that was hopeful that you would find what you need here and in the way you may need it. What is surprising about that?

As you know, I am currently suspended from MAD for my manner of disagreement with DCP, so I have now found another place to discuss matters. As you also know, in that same thread, several pages earlier, I as told that I will spend an eternity in hell by someone on your "team"-- you took not issue with him stating that even though you participated in the thread. You took no issue with it because you are not consistent--you reserve your personal attacks for critics or those who you deem to be critics because they question things as I am.

I can understand how you might see it that way, and I can certainly respect that. However, at MA&D, as with here, my intent is not to point fingers (in either direction). In fact, I am consciously trying not to take sides with any "team". Not only didn't I take issue with "him" in the thread you mentioned, but if you read through that thread carefully, and any others that I have recently participated in, you will also see that I didn't take issue with you or anyone else either--though I many have respectfully stated a differing point of view.

Now, I certainly didn't intend to attack anyone (critic or otherwise), and I don't believe that I did. However, I am not perfect, and I may have done so inadvertantly and unawares. And, if so, I am certainly open to improvement. Could you please let me know what you view as a personal "attack" I made against the critics?

Have you re-read your post?

Yes.

Do you see what I mean? Do you want me to spell it out?

I must admit that I am still a bit puzzled, so further clarification would certainly be helpful.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-