Will DCP Keep His Promise To BYU?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Will DCP Keep His Promise To BYU?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:41 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:50 pm
Kish, Dr.with eloquently explained the comparison. You're taking people to task for correctly identifying the words and behaviors from someone who absolutely needs to be identified as sociopathic, narcissistic, and literally engaged in priestcraft knowing it's B.S.

-Doc.
Gee, I was unaware that you and DrW are professional psychologists!
Well, I'm not one either, but we are ALL PSYCHO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

DCP wrote:Yesterday, as on virtually all other days, I saw a few anonymous online attacks against me. One of them declared me a “monster.” (All too true, say I!) Today one of them says that I’m a narcissist. And, of course, that accusation may well be true, as well. (Who am I to judge?) It also pronounces me a sociopath. Which, I expect, is also very likely true. Further, it declares, I practice priestcraft, profiting financially from the Restoration while knowing full well that its claims are false. Here, however, I want to quibble. In fact, I don’t know that the claims of the Restoration are false, probably because I’m simply too stupid. But I’m really puzzled by the charge of “priestcraft.” Where’s my check?
This response from DCP appears to be a white flag with an implication that, since he is willing to admit to these afflictions, there is nothing more to argue about and therefore he should be left in peace.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Kish, Dr.with eloquently explained the comparison. You're taking people to task for correctly identifying the words and behaviors from someone who absolutely needs to be identified as sociopathic, narcissistic, and literally engaged in priestcraft knowing it's B.S.

-Doc.
Kishkumen wrote:
Doc Cam made no such claim. Please consider that one does not need a doctorate from the medical school of a leading university in the UK, or to have co-authored two books dealing with neuroendocrinology and brain chemistry, with well over 100 peer reviewed publications, to credibly make a claim of NPD. One only needs a copy of DSM 5 and the ability to count.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

DrW wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

-Doc.
Kishkumen wrote: Gee, I was unaware that you and DrW are professional psychologists!
Doc Cam made no such claim. Please consider that one does not need a doctorate from the medical school of a leading university in the UK, or to have co-authored two books dealing with neuroendocrinology and brain chemistry, with well over 100 peer reviewed publications, to credibly make a claim of NPD. One only needs a copy of DSM 5 and the ability to count.
:D awesome.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Kish,

I genuinely respect you and the thoughts you post on this board. I'm well aware of your character and the sometimes fine line you walk between the worlds of Mormonism and your spirituality. So, I understand the position you've staked out on this matter.

Indulge me, if you will. Is there a scenario in your worldview where it's appropriate to point out a person's character, or lack thereof, when discussing their politics, philosophy, or religious beliefs? Obviously I do when the thing they're promoting has real world implications for believers and nonbelievers alike. You?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

DrW wrote:
No one questions your exceptionally high intelligence or your expertise in your field, which clearly is adjacent to psychology. But the point remains that you guys are not psychologists and you have not worked personally with DCP as your patient.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 pm
Kish,

I genuinely respect you and the thoughts you post on this board. I'm well aware of your character and the sometimes fine line you walk between the worlds of Mormonism and your spirituality. So, I understand the position you've staked out on this matter.

Indulge me, if you will. Is there a scenario in your worldview where it's appropriate to point out a person's character, or lack thereof, when discussing their politics, philosophy, or religious beliefs? Obviously I do when the thing they're promoting has real world implications for believers and nonbelievers alike. You?

- Doc
What is happening on this board is nothing like merely “pointing out” things about DCP. It is day in, day out, year after year, with hardly a break, defaming him, casting a light on his every perceived wrongdoing, making fun of his personal appearance, keeping track of or opining on members of his family, accusing him of priestcraft, you name it, it may very well be happening here at any given time. It is nuts. If there are people who have mental or emotional issues, we may be the ones.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:10 am
DrW wrote:
No one questions your exceptionally high intelligence or your expertise in your field, which clearly is adjacent to psychology. But the point remains that you guys are not psychologists and you have not worked personally with DCP as your patient.
Kish, the 350 psychiatrists and other mental-health professionals who signed a letter submitted to Congress regarding Trump's mental health, in an effort to warn the general public about the real danger he posed to society, had not worked with him personally as their patient either.

https://www.businessinsider.com/psychia ... ng-2019-12

That did not stop the 350 professionals from speaking up when they became aware of the potential harm that could result as a consequence of Trump's mental health.
"We are convinced that, as the time of possible impeachment approaches, Donald Trump has the real potential to become ever more dangerous, a threat to the safety of our nation," said Drs. Bandy Lee, a Yale psychiatrist, Jerrold Post, a former CIA profiler, and John Zinner, a psychiatrist at George Washington University.
That said, these 350 professionals went beyond Trumps NPD issues, which had been professionally diagnosed without personal contact several times before, (https://www.uu.nl/en/node/541/donald-tr ... narcissist), and pronounced him delusional.
Lee told The Independent that Trump appeared to be showing signs of delusion by doubling down on falsehoods and conspiracy theories.
Surely you saw DCP's response posted upthread stating that he acknowledges the opinion on his behaviors. DCP even indicated that he agrees he might be exhibiting behavioral symptoms of NPD. He wryly (and quite appropriately) asked that, if he were a narcissist, how would he know?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kish,

Speaking of making psychological assessments ... :roll:

Given your avatar, one would think playing nice with an organization designed to destroy reputations, insult believers and nonbelievers alike, and yes, being paid to prop up the cojcolds, is a disastrous policy.

You're defending a dickhole by tsk tsking the board. It's as if 30+ years of DCP's lies, exaggerated claims, attacks, passive aggressivism, insults, broken promises, weekly hit pieces, and fake 'scholarship' never happened for you. You know what would happen if the Mopologists stopped doing that crap? Things would actually calm down.

Anyway. I take it you believe the kind of resistance you find palatable is a sort of milquetoast response that rises above the DCPs, Midgleys, Gees, ad McGregors of the Mormon world. They're raging assholes and need to be identified as such otherwise brainiacs like the guy in my sign line will continue to think the mopologists are worthy of his respect and are trustworthy scholars.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

DrW wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:11 pm
Surely you saw DCP's response posted upthread stating that he acknowledges the opinion on his behaviors. DCP even indicated that he agrees he might be exhibiting behavioral symptoms of NPD. He wryly (and quite appropriately) asked that, if he were a narcissist, how would he know?
Don't be disingenuous, DrW. For Pete's sake.