Website Discussion

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I am not sure the blog option is a good idea. I contemplated it for my forum but ultimately decided against it. The main reason is that everyone's blog is connected to the discussion forum, so if something bad happens again and the site crashes - for whatever reason - everyone with a connecting blog is probably going to be pissed beyond repair. Especially if they contain months, or even years worth of posts.

Blogs are generally free anyway.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin Graham wrote:Yea, that was a bummer. Even worse are the FAIR classics threads.

I agree. I hadn't gotten through all of them when the board went down. I really, really wish I had saved them all.

The Juliann threads were particularly valuable and entertaining.

I agree!

But I will eventually write up the Book of Abraham posts again. They were kind of a beginner's introduction, which is why I think so many people appreciated them. . . I am also planning t develop a KEP project of sorts. One that will explain the current state of affairs, and pro and con arguments.

That's a great idea! Not all of us are as well-read on that issue as you are, so your explanations were extremely valuable.

I have been away for the past few days, but intend to write more this week. Probably more on my forum, but I will probably double-post here as well.

WOO-HOO!! That's good news--I was hating the prospect of not having your expertise available to the folks here, too.