Website Discussion

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MarkF
_Emeritus

Re: Backup? See Google

Post by _MarkF »

Negative wrote:I've had all admin duties taken away from me. There really isn't any reason for me to be here anymore. Talk to Keene about any issues you have.

Sorry.

YGM.
_Negative
_Emeritus

Post by _Negative »

keene wrote:Hey now, negative, I still need you! We need a moderator, and I need someone to read the forums and tell me what they want. Things like that would be perfect to forward in my direction.

It's just not the same. I enjoyed learning how to run a website. That was the main reason I am here. I'm not a huge Mormon history buff nor am I a great debater. I do enjoy tossing out an opinion every now and then, but the main thing for me was the website. I don't know if I'll be interested enough to just hang out and read posts.

I guess I'll just wait and see.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Negative wrote:
keene wrote:Hey now, negative, I still need you! We need a moderator, and I need someone to read the forums and tell me what they want. Things like that would be perfect to forward in my direction.

It's just not the same. I enjoyed learning how to run a website. That was the main reason I am here. I'm not a huge Mormon history buff nor am I a great debater. I do enjoy tossing out an opinion every now and then, but the main thing for me was the website. I don't know if I'll be interested enough to just hang out and read posts.

I guess I'll just wait and see.

Honestly, I'm the same way. I finished my mormon-bashing days long ago.

Tell ya what, though, once I get this thing up and running, I'll need someone to maintain it. Just wait. It's gonna be good.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

keene wrote:Just wait. It's gonna be good.

I like the sound of that!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Keene...

Sorry I didn't notice your previous post sooner. What does the board cost to operate for 1 year right now...without the threaded view? 80$? I know that ads are supposed to cover the cost....but what is the cost?

Are you saying that the board as is costs 80$ to operate for 1 year and to add a threaded view it would be an additional 80$?

Can you link me to a sample threaded view that you'd use?

Jersey Girl
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Jersey Girl wrote:Keene...

Sorry I didn't notice your previous post sooner. What does the board cost to operate for 1 year right now...without the threaded view? 80$? I know that ads are supposed to cover the cost....but what is the cost?

Are you saying that the board as is costs 80$ to operate for 1 year and to add a threaded view it would be an additional 80$?

Can you link me to a sample threaded view that you'd use?

Jersey Girl

The current board script I'm using is free. The threaded veiw would be an entirely different code. That peice of code costs $160 to purchase, or $80 to lease for a year.

The cost of this site is $25/month for hosting, and then $60/hour for my time (Currently, no one is paying for my time, which means everything I do for you guys is costing me that much).

For an example of the threaded view forums, check out www.tuckermax.com - it's the only decent peice of code I've seen that can handle the kind of traffic we're bringing in, and can do both threaded and flat views. But honestly, I'm throwing in so many different mods and features into this code, that by the time I'm done, that code wouldn't hold water to what we'll have.
_keene
_Emeritus

INTRODUCING!!

Post by _keene »

Alright everyone, look up. There are 3 things I want you to notice:

1.) New logo. Very pretty. Everyone go Ooh and Ahh.
2.) Donate button. This site is expensive to create and maintain. Please help.
3.) Blogging options! Yes, now every user can create their own Mormon Discussions blog! There's only one blog template to start from, but if we get some donations coming in, I'll add more.

Also, for every person who donates, they get the ability for "advanced blogging" which allows you to change the HTML for your blog to anything you want. Only available to donators!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Hi Keene!

I love the new features! :)

Hopefully, I'll get some time to actually play with the blog.

When I get some extra money, I'll be sure to contribute to the cause!

Great job!
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Love the logo! Ohhhh! Ahhhhh!
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I wish I had some of Kevin Graham's threads on the Book of Abraham and KEP back among some other threads.

Yea, that was a bummer. Even worse are the FAIR classics threads. I doubt I will ever have the energy to go through and write them all up again-I wrote them in the heat of debate at FAIR. The Juliann threads were particularly valuable and entertaining. But I will eventually write up the Book of Abraham posts again. They were kind of a beginner's introduction, which is why I think so many people appreciated them.

I have been away for the past few days, but intend to write more this week. Probably more on my forum, but I will probably double-post here as well.

I am also planning t develop a KEP project of sorts. One that will explain the current state of affairs, and pro and con arguments.