Is Mormonism still relevant in FORMER members lives'?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

GivingWarAChance wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
coffeecat wrote:I hope you catch someone picking their nose or fornicating, then you could blackmail the Mormons and become very rich. You know capitalism rules.

Huh? I don't see what you're getting at here.

1. Nortinski sneaks camera into temple.
2. Camera catches someone picking their nose.
3. Profit!

Advice: Don't quit your day job.

Picking ones nose is no longer something that any intelligent person would pay a blackmailer to keep quiet. However, on the slim chance that any of the top 15 cult leaders could get it up and, for reasons beyond my comprehension, be having sex out in the open in the temple, then yes, I suppose I would have something to blackmail them with.

I once saw an old man fall asleep during an endowment session. Think that's good for anything? Um...on second thought, it's kind of hard to go through a session without seeing someone fall asleep.

Nort
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

GivingWarAChance wrote:1. Nortinski sneaks camera into temple.
2. Camera catches someone picking their nose.
3. Profit!

Advice: Don't quit your day job.

Okay. I thought you meant him filming someone picking his/her nose in addition to filming the temple ceremony.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Pathetic ex-mormon

Post by _Gazelam »

I have some questions:

1) Which commandment did you begin breaking, and how long was it before you began to look for poor excuses so you wouldent have to feel guilty about it anymore?

2) How long before then was it that you stopped praying?

3) Do you recall the moment you felt the spirit of the Lord physically leave you?

4) What do you fill that hollow space in your soul with now that the Holy Ghost has left you?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_msnobody
_Emeritus

A learning experience

Post by _msnobody »

Gazelam wrote:I have some questions:

1) Which commandment did you begin breaking, and how long was it before you began to look for poor excuses so you wouldent have to feel guilty about it anymore?

3) Do you recall the moment you felt the spirit of the Lord physically leave you?

4) What do you fill that hollow space in your soul with now that the Holy Ghost has left you?

I hope rather than getting blasted, that Gazelam will learn the real reasons why people leave the lds church and the real history of the church, etc. Please, he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure persons can remember when they were in this same season of their life.
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Re: Pathetic ex-mormon

Post by _Nortinski »

Commandment number two. I'm sorry but as soon as I set eyes on Kelly Clarkson she would be my idol. Especially after she dropped the extra 15 lbs. she was carrying on her ass.

Gazelam wrote:2) How long before then was it that you stopped praying?

Does last night at the dinner table count?

Gazelam wrote:3) Do you recall the moment you felt the spirit of the Lord physically leave you?

Nope. In fact, last week when I was in the Salt Lake Temple making sure the lighting works well with my new digital recorder I felt "The Spirt"© like a mother idiot. Care to have a staring role in my little project? Let me know and I'll make you more famous than "lonelygirl15". Oh wait, have they banned you from the internet yet?

Gazelam wrote:4) What do you fill that hollow space in your soul with now that the Holy Ghost has left you?

A delicious marshmallow filling. Care to eat me?

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Re: A learning experience

Post by _Nortinski »

msnobody wrote:

I hope rather than getting blasted, that Gazelam will learn the real reasons why people leave the lds church and the real history of the church, etc. Please, he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure persons can remember when they were in this same season of their life.

Honestly msnobody, I don't think I was ever that pathetic. Fine, fine. Hey Gazelam, I've got four words for you: Joseph Lied dot com.

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Don't quote me, but I suspect Nort is a little out spoken. :-P
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

He also likes to respond to honest questions with ignorant rhetoric. I'm sure the humor helps ease his conscience since he can't feel his guilt if hes feeling cocky. "Oh I am so funny with my attitude posts"

Whatever fills that hollow space you dug out in your soul, right ?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Southern Redneck
_Emeritus

Post by _Southern Redneck »

Gazelam wrote:He also likes to respond to honest questions .........

Honest? Ha. You ask honest questions and you will get honest answers. Ask questions like that, and you get treated like the school yard nose-picker.
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Gazelam wrote:He also likes to respond to honest questions with ignorant rhetoric. I'm sure the humor helps ease his conscience since he can't feel his guilt if hes feeling cocky. "Oh I am so funny with my attitude posts"

Whatever fills that hollow space you dug out in your soul, right ?

My 3rd Grade teacher used to say, "There's no such thing as a stupid question". She never met Gazelam. Gaz, someday, I hope for your sake, you'll realize that a helluva lot of good people leave your crappy little cult simply because they discovered it wasn't true. If you had gone to my website, you would have already known that. Visit www.josephlied.com read my story, then ask me questions.

Nort
Last edited by Heritrix [Crawler] on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.