Salvation among the decieved

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Rank&File wrote:
Gazelam wrote:The Holy Ghost is as much Christ, as the Son of God is The Father. What other religion has the understanding of the Holy Ghost that the Mormon church has? None. To stand in the presence of the Holy Ghost is the same as being in the presence of Christ, they are One God.

I don't understand what you mean by this, because most other churches do believe that the Holy Ghost, Christ, and the Father believe they are one God. I don't understand by your "What other religion has the understanding of the Holy Ghost that the Mormon church has? None" - Because what you just said is understood by other Christian Churches.

Unless Mormons claim some exclusive greater understanding, we have no exclusive claim to truth. It's very difficult for Mormons who have never been outside the church to see the exclusive claim as less-than-stellar.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Salvation among the decieved

Post by _Jason Bourne »

rureal.2 wrote:Can a Mormon have true salvation? Does anyone think a person can remain in the LDS church and deny Joseph Smith as a true prophet.

Yes and yes though I imagine one would not be too vocal about the latter.

Jason
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Many do remain in the cult of Joe, not for fear of some magical salvation, but fear their wife will ruin them financially.

In the house called Mormon, you MUST first see the doorman before you see Jesus. Who is the doorman? Joe Smith.

Look at the discussions from Brigham's Bible bashing bicycle brigade. What do they require before becoming a member?

Belief in Christ? Nope!

They require you to get goosebumps about Joe being a divine translator of the Book of Mormon, and thereby proves he was a divine prophet of GOD.

See, once they get that mental commitment, then they can get them to believe most of what Joe taught. Besides, Jesus really did not have too much to say.

So, no one cannot be a Mormon if they do not believe in the divinity of one Joeseph Smith.

The presumption is one already believes in Jesus. If not that comes first. So your post is full of crap, like most of the posts I have seen fom you here are.

Jason
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

harmony wrote:
rureal.2 wrote:Do LDS accept Jesus as a personal Savior and after this real experience fall away when they begin to believe in the false prophet and become decieved?

Some of us have managed to retain a belief in Christ while maintaining our membership in the LDS church. It takes some doing and a whole lotta cyncism, but it's possible.

Another full of crap post. All believing LDS maintain belief in Jesus. If one does not they are not true LDS.

Jason
_Southern Redneck
_Emeritus

Post by _Southern Redneck »

Jason Bourne wrote:
harmony wrote:
rureal.2 wrote:Do LDS accept Jesus as a personal Savior and after this real experience fall away when they begin to believe in the false prophet and become decieved?

Some of us have managed to retain a belief in Christ while maintaining our membership in the LDS church. It takes some doing and a whole lotta cyncism, but it's possible.

Another full of crap post. All believing LDS maintain belief in Jesus. If one does not they are not true LDS.

Jason
I would not be so fast as to call "crap" on what they said. The church always putting itself bwtween the people and the Lord is a main reason many leave. The LDS system demands loyalty to the church in place of the lord. You will not agree, but it is true.

To get to the Lord, you must pay tithing to the church. To get to the Lord, you must follow all the words of the brethren in SLC. To get to the Lord you must etc etc etc.

It is hard to believe in the Lord, when the church demands that you only do it through them. Getting over that hurdle was my first step to freedom from the morg.

Many lose faith in the Lord before faith in the church.

so calling "crap" on this pretty much is a TBM knee jerk(heavy on the jerk) reaction by you.

Take a moment to read and think and before you judge so blindly.

It's liberating.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

I would not be so fast as to call "crap" on what they said.

I would be.

The church always putting itself bwtween the people and the Lord is a main reason many leave. The LDS system demands loyalty to the church in place of the lord. You will not agree, but it is true.

I do not agree but I see how one might get to see it that way. Of course, for LDS the Church and the Lord are the same. You know the verse-whether by my own voice or by the voice of my servents, it is the same. The idea is it is Jesus's Church and his earhtly represetatives stnad in his place. Never the less, any believing LDS still places Jesus first.

To get to the Lord, you must pay tithing to the church. To get to the Lord, you must follow all the words of the brethren in SLC. To get to the Lord you must etc etc etc.

One can pray to the Lord but yea there are lots of strings there. But just how does this end up in LDS not really believing in Jesus?

It is hard to believe in the Lord, when the church demands that you only do it through them. Getting over that hurdle was my first step to freedom from the morg.

No it is not. Not really.

Many lose faith in the Lord before faith in the church.

They do?

so calling "crap" on this pretty much is a TBM knee jerk(heavy on the jerk) reaction by you.

Did you just call me a jerk? How kind.

Well I am not really TBM but I am rational about my beefs. That seems a unique thing. Most who post here are short on that attribute.

Take a moment to read and think and before you judge so blindly.

So sorry. I still think it is crap.
It's liberating.

Oh I am sure.

Jason