Mormon HOAXES What have THEY been????

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Mormon HOAXES What have THEY been????

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

There is a thread on FAIR about anti-mormon Hoaxes.

So we should have the same thread here.

I think ours will be easier to support???

Oh yeah I thought they had this discernment thing going for them so how could anyone pull a hoax on them???

Let me see the hoax that families are forever!!!!
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon HOAXES What have THEY been????

Post by _Nortinski »

My favorite is the hoax that they have the power of discernment. I can prove it doesn't exist. Anyone care to go through an endowment session with me? Pick a temple, any temple.

Nort
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon HOAXES What have THEY been????

Post by _harmony »

Nortinski wrote:My favorite is the hoax that they have the power of discernment. I can prove it doesn't exist. Anyone care to go through an endowment session with me? Pick a temple, any temple.

Nort

If the power of discernment is so pervasive, especially in our leaders, then someone please explain Mark Hofmann. If even a modicum of discernment had been used in that instance, two people would not have died.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Is "Mormon Hoax" the same as a "faith-promoting rumor"?

In any case, here are a few nominations:

---The hoax that the Brethren have a greater power of discernment than anyone else.
---The hoax that polygamy was divinely sanctioned.
---The hoax that Blacks could not hold the Priesthood.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

May I add that they were two totally innocent people that died in the MArk Hoffman case.

ANother Hoax is that a woman cannot get into heaven until a MAN calls them by their right name???
From what I have heard that everyone's name is the same.

I would rather go to HELL than wait for some man to call my name.
No offense to you all.
I have three beautiful sons and a 29 year marriage which is going strong despite that fact that we failed to buy into he hoax of a "temple marriage."

Does anyone know that secret name????
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

coffeecat wrote:May I add that they were two totally innocent people that died in the MArk Hoffman case.

ANother Hoax is that a woman cannot get into heaven until a MAN calls them by their right name???
From what I have heard that everyone's name is the same.

I would rather go to HELL than wait for some man to call my name.
No offense to you all.
I have three beautiful sons and a 29 year marriage which is going strong despite that fact that we failed to buy into he hoax of a "temple marriage."

Does anyone know that secret name????

Hi Coffeecat

There are different names. But it is my understanding that iether each session or each day the name is changed. In other words all the males of each session recieve the same name and that goes the same for each female in each session. Whether this expands to all sessions in each day I am not sure.

Incidently my name was Mosiah and my wife was given the name Mary. I hope that helps.

PS I was sorry at one time that I bought into the temple hoax, but that is eventually what started my process out. So it led to freedom.

Cheers from the spud field
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Pokatator wrote:There are different names. But it is my understanding that iether each session or each day the name is changed. In other words all the males of each session recieve the same name and that goes the same for each female in each session. Whether this expands to all sessions in each day I am not sure.

The names are the same each day, all day long. They do not change with each individual session.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

That is what I thought and had been told on various other sites on Mormonism.
Thank you for confirming you two.

Let me see another Myth??????

Don't know where to start or which one to start with, there are too too many.
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

As far as Joe Smith HOAXES go they started with digging for money and treasure.

Then everything he touched all became Mormon HOAXES when he supposedly stepped into the grove......

Everything after is a HOAX because the beginnings of it all was a HOAX.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

May I add that they were two totally innocent people that died in the MArk Hoffman case.

Didn’t Dallin H. Oaks have a meeting with Mark Hoffman, just right after Hoffman brutally murdered Bishop Steve Christiansen???