Daniel C. Peterson: well-respected scholar? or not?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Absolutely no problem whatsoever, Dr. Shades. Pahoran's in real life name is not on the blog any longer, nor has it been for quite some time. While I do think that Pahoran's complaining on this matter is basically symptomatic of his attempts to avoid accountability for the way he treats others on the messageboards, I have no problem kowtowing to his threats of legal retribution.

Bottomline: there are no hard feelings on my part. : )
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote: I have no problem kowtowing to his threats of legal retribution.

Scratch, did Pahoran actually make threats? Or did he say that was the advice he received?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:I have no problem kowtowing to his threats of legal retribution.

On account of legal threats instead of on account of your word? Dosn't your word factor in at all--hopefully foremostly?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:I have no problem kowtowing to his threats of legal retribution.

On account of legal threats instead of on account of your word? Dosn't your word factor in at all--hopefully foremostly?

I *have* kept my word, asbestosman! Did you see any in real life names on the blog since that date?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mister Scratch wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

I *have* kept my word, asbestosman! Did you see any in real life names on the blog since that date?

I never said you *didn't* keep your word. I asked whether keeping your word was the foremost reason (or even a reason) for leaving the name off.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

I never said you *didn't* keep your word. I asked whether keeping your word was the foremost reason (or even a reason) for leaving the name off.

Ah, I see! Well, now, a poster of my devilish mien would never disclose such a thing! ; )
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote: I have no problem kowtowing to his threats of legal retribution.

Scratch, did Pahoran actually make threats? Or did he say that was the advice he received?

"Legally" speaking, it was implicit in what he said, in my opinion. ; )
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Mister Scratch wrote:[

Ah, I see! Well, now, a poster of my devilish mien would never disclose such a thing! ; )

Sheesh. I don't even get called Satanic. Just ho-hum boring. Time for my prozac.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Mister Scratch wrote:

"Legally" speaking, it was implicit in what he said, in my opinion. ; )

And just to clarify, Scratch, I'm not taking sides in this. I think both you and Pahoran make some good points. I have no horse in this race. It's the most interesting debate I've seen in a long time.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Ray A wrote:
And just to clarify, Scratch, I'm not taking sides in this. I think both you and Pahoran make some good points. I have no horse in this race. It's the most interesting debate I've seen in a long time.

I don't have any stake in it, either, though if I'm honest with myself, I'd probably lean toward taking Scratch's word for it, given my rather unfortunate dealings with Pahoran. But yeah, it is fascinating to see what I missed when I abandoned FAIR.