Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Liz,

You don't need to answer to anyone about the decisions you have made. We all make our own way through life, and there is no right way. I admire you for finding your own path, no matter what.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:Liz,

You don't need to answer to anyone about the decisions you have made. We all make our own way through life, and there is no right way. I admire you for finding your own path, no matter what.

Thanks, sweetie!

It's good to see you here! I've read your posts on both FAIR and RfM. I haven't seen you post for quite a while.

How are things going?
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Life's going OK at the moment. I'm back on my meds (and I have been posting on RfM), so I'm feeling better. The new job is going really well, and life at home is improving slowly but surely. I'm still negotiating a return to my blog, but we'll see.
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

liz3564 wrote:The reason I come to sites like this is to meet intelligent people who have similar concerns and discuss things.

You're just plain dumb and wrong.

Just kidding. Don't take anything I write with a grain of salt.

P
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Plutarch wrote:
liz3564 wrote:The reason I come to sites like this is to meet intelligent people who have similar concerns and discuss things.

P

Yeah...I've kind of learned that's the best way to take you, P. ;)

by the way....did you get registered on MTT ok?

PM me if you are having problems. I co-manage the site with Kevin and can help.
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

liz3564 wrote:
Plutarch wrote:

P

Since I can't find the post of confirmation, I may need to register under a different and patently false name.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Plutarch wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
Plutarch wrote:

P

Since I can't find the post of confirmation, I may need to register under a different and patently false name.

PM me and let me know what you registered under. I'll see if I can locate it. You may be activated and just not know it.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Plutarch wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
Plutarch wrote:

P

Truth might still be available. harmony is taken though. You could try for Loving Kindness, but I think that would mess up your karma.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Liz

You do not have to justify anything to anyone that is true!!!

But I wonder???

Emotionally not able to handle what may happen if you state your true feelings about the "CHURCH"

No, that does not make you a coward in my eyes; it does make you look weak and willing to still be dominated by the males in your life.
Again I am not walking in your shoes and I know full well what or how a family will treat the one who strays from the dominant belief.

Disown was little harsh to use..

Good for your daughter that she still is friends with the girls that got pregnant.
I was one of those girls that got pregnant; I have always carried that stigma with me in my families’ eyes.
Even though I have done everything to shed that stigma.

And I hope that you are teaching your daughters about responsible and safe sex practices, my parents never did and they are just lucky that when I was sexually active there was no such thing as HIV.

Of course sex should wait until someone is in a committed relationship but you know that seldom happens.... even in the Mormon faith...

And I do find it hard to believe that your dad was okay with your brother going school instead of a mission??
Your parents missed that bragging right that all Mormons parents enjoy.
I am thinking that your brother did not go on a mission for other reasons....

Liz
It is a free world with free choices and you are exercising your free will.

And don't blame what you don't agree with as political B***s***...
Because while that may be true of any large organization with the Mormons any questioning does get one excommunicated.
Other large organizations allow their political B***s*** to be questioned...without banning that person from the ORGANIZATION
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........