Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Rank&File
_Emeritus

Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

Post by _Rank&File »

Now you can start them on the path of Mormonism right out of the womb. Why wait for Primary?

http://www.mybabymormon.com

"Let your Child of God travel with Baby Mormon from his heavenly home to EARTH! In this vibrant video Baby Mormon visits four different regions of the world through a constant showcase of dazzling colors and lively images."

Seems like a rip of of Baby Eisenstein that has been Mormonised.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

Post by _harmony »

Rank&File wrote:Now you can start them on the path of Mormonism right out of the womb. Why wait for Primary?

http://www.mybabymormon.com

"Let your Child of God travel with Baby Mormon from his heavenly home to EARTH! In this vibrant video Baby Mormon visits four different regions of the world through a constant showcase of dazzling colors and lively images."

Seems like a rip of of Baby Eisenstein that has been Mormonised.

There is no brainwashing done in Mormon parenting, any more than there is brainwashing done in any home when children are taught the principles and values of their parents. I don't see this as a bad thing. Mormon parents have the right to teach their children the gospel as they see fit, without having to ask permission of anyone else.
_Southern Redneck
_Emeritus

Post by _Southern Redneck »

Harmony is correct. A parent has the final say on how a child should be raised. although using Morg thought, at the age of 8, the kid can decide the church is not true and not be forced to go. Free agency and all...oh wait, That idea from the unchanging church changed.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

She posts a lot like Charity, very condesending and all.

What eight year can't be brainwashed???

Isn't that what baptism is all about????

If baptism at eight years old is not brainwashing then why not wait until a child is old enough to understand what BAPTISM really means???

Of course Mormon parents don't brain wash their children!!!!
How dare you say that Redneck, that is why they keep their children away from other non-mormon children because the Mormon kid might brainwash the NON-MORMON kid into believing in the GOSPEL.
It would never happen the other way because Mormons do not brainwash their children.

LOL
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

Well, I'll say one thing for you, coffeecat. You sure know how to insult someone. Please try to remember the players: I'm the one who's banned from ZLMB, banned from FAIR, banned from even viewing at FAIR, single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the LDS church. According to Paul, I'm evil personified. According to SP Dot, I'm the worst apostate walking. According to Daniel, he fantasizes about hanging me. According to Juliann, I'm the worst of the worst... yet you think I'm Charity? Holy s***. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I wasn't talking about brainwashing. I was talking about parenting. I've got a master's degree in counseling psychology, and I know the difference. I'm not sure you do.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

Charity and Harmony are about as different as night and day. Harmony is definitely Not Charity from The 'FAIR' Message Board.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Harmony
You need to get yet another degree so things will become even clearer for you.

My post got under your skin because you know I am right and why have you not addressed my points I made about the gospel, brainwashing and keeping NON-MORMONS away from Mormons?????
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked

Cleaning out my cookies doesn't help, when my IP is specifically blocked, coffeecat. I am persona non grata on FAIR; public enemy #1, remember? My degrees aren't in computer science, so I'm not clever enough to get around the block, nor do I choose to, since I'm unwilling to trespass on their property without their permission.

And what's this about questioning your parenting skills? I'm definitely not following you on that. When did I do that? Please quote where I did any such thing, because I think you're reading 'way too much into what I said. I never refered to you specifically at all, so I couldn't be questioning your parenting skills.

Geez. Chill. It's not all about you, ya know?

My degrees are not "alledged". I have the certificates and the job title that goes with it. (and the student loans). The reason I see no connection between brainwashing and Mormon-style parenting is because there is none. Maybe you should look up what brainwashing really is before you get your panties in a bunch. Mormon parents no more brainwash their children than any other similiar religious organization does.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Harmony
You need to get yet another degree so things will become even clearer for you.

My post got under your skin because you know I am right and why have you not addressed my points I made about the gospel, brainwashing and keeping NON-MORMONS away from Mormons?????

Perhaps because I don't consider them important enough to stop doing what I'm doing (making dinner) to answer you? Naw... that couldn't be it, could it? That would mean your little temper tantrum means zippo to me... though that is always a possibility.

Look up what brainwashing really is, then we can have a real discussion about why Mormon parenting isn't brainwashing, instead of your current lil temper tantrum.