Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I love when a ridiculous thread consumes itself.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Well YEAH Mr. PLUTARCH
Are you DEL MARCH from FAIR???

What else is there besides sex and money, after all???
Are they not the two things that are currently ruling the world???
Well I did leave out religion OOPPS sorry.

I mean really now why would I want or deserve to be educated when I could just side on my FATASS and be a stupid BITCH!!!

Now I am an educated, well almost educated SMART BITCH!!!

Watch out here I come.

If Plutarch is a Mr, then by definition he cannot be Del March (who is female).
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

No, Plutarch is the former "Bishop Lee," "Lee," "Enter the Dragon," and "Null Hypothesis" (among other names) on the old Mormondiscussions bb; he is "rcrocket" at FAIR. A very smart lawyer, albeit misled at times. ;)
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

A lawyer get outta here.

Well Lawyers are very smart indeed, incredible amount of education that they must endure to become a Lawyer and an incredible amount of debt they are left wih as a result, which is really not how it should be.

How can a well educated Lawyer with all of that debt ever become a public defender and work for the people that really need a lawyer?

I know many young lawyers that have no choice but to work for these well paying law firms because they have no choice to pay off their students loans.

Working on the public's behalf simply does not pay well enough.

So now we are back to saying that money does rule the world and that is truly heartbreaking to me, because there are too many poor people/women in jail that should not be there.
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

What else is there besides sex and money, after all???
Are they not the two things that are currently ruling the world???
Well I did leave out religion OOPPS sorry.

I mean really now why would I want or deserve to be educated when I could just side on my FATASS and be a stupid BITCH!!!

Now I am an educated, well almost educated SMART BITCH!!!

Watch out here I come.

Well based on what you post here I think you have a ways to go yet.

Jason
_jayneedoe
_Emeritus

Post by _jayneedoe »

coffeecat wrote:Watch out here I come.

Lucky you. Apparently you're getting more sex than your son.

==rolling eyes==

Jaynee
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

coffeecat wrote:Okay Harmony
Here goes with my list of whatever.

I have a gay 29 year old son that graduated from NYU, Sterns. He was one of a few that actually qualified for a scholarship.
He went through college in three years instead of four and worked part-time at JP Morgan while he was in college.
He lives in Manhattan and is probably worth like a million dollars, he has financed my return to college, I will graduate in 2008 with my BA degree.
My middle son is 21 and also currently in college he will graduate in 2008 as well with a degree in Computer Science.
My youngest is still in High school so who knows about him, but he will probably go and get his degree in LAW in some field.

None of my son's were allowed to go on a mission had they even wanted to.
No obviously my GAY son would not be married in the temple and I have no grandchildren as of yet, but hopefully I will soon from my GAY son. Oh my GOD.
My 21 yearold is not married he is in college and his education will come first, then marriage, but of course he can have all the sex he chooses to have because he has not been brainwashed that sex before marriage is wrong and immoral.
By the way he is not dating anyone right now so he is not getting any sex right now.

And yes we came from UTAH and relocated to MD. So yes my son's were around you Mormons and yes they were kept from associating with Mormons.

Of course you will never see the connection between brainwashing and parenting, you have already proven that HARMONY.
Oh yes you do care what I want, you answered my question so you do care.
LOL

Yes you care about FAIR because you keep bringing up the fact you were banned, well maybe that was to prove you were not CHARITY, but I am doubtful even now.

Hi coffeecat! :)

Congrats on going back to school and finishing your degree! It's wonderful that your son recognized how much you sacrificed as a parent for him, and was able to give back and help you. It sounds like you did a great job raising your kids.

I'm curious as to your background with the LDS Church....and forgive me if you have posted it, and I have missed it. Are you currently a member of the Church, or have you been in the past? Or did you simply have bad run-ins with members as a resident of Utah?

Unfortunately, there are certain pockets of Utah where Church members are fanatical, to say the least. I lived in Utah Valley for 8 years, and it turned my stomach how closed-minded many of the members I associated with were. I just didn't understand it. I grew up in California, and it didn't even seem like the same church to me.

Fortunately, we relocated to North Carolina, and the Church members here for the most part, seem to be more "normal".

It seems like you have a chip on your shoulder. I hope that you can learn to relax, at least on this forum. There are plenty of posters here, like Harmony and myself, who have managed to strike a balance between our liberal feelings, and still taking in the positive values the Church has to offer.

The great thing about being an adult, and about being educated, is that you have the freedom to choose what you believe and don't believe, and assess what you want to incorporate in your life.

I think it's interesting to hear other people's viewpoints.

Trust me, this is one place where you can let your guard down a little, and you don't have to have guns blazing. We all have gripes about the Church, and this is a good place to vent them.
Last edited by _Yoda on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Dear Liz

thanks

I am still an official card carrying Mormon if you must know.

Am I practicing believing Mormon HELL NO

Please do not label me an anti an aetheist or anything for that matter.

Of course I have chip on my shoulder, you would to if most of your family told you to F*** OF AND DIE, because you refused to follow them in thier beliefs.

Of course I have had bad run ins especially in UTAH, not so much here because we can aviod them easier here and we have caller ID.

And yes I have heard and seen that UTAH Mormons are very different from other Mormons.

That still does not change the fact that I want nothing to do with any religious organization, does not matter who or what they are.

And I 'm sorry I cannot see how being liberal minded can even be compatible with your Mormon beliefs.
But then again we will see now won't we.

You don't call yourself a feminist do you????

I don't consider any Mormon from any where more normal, because normal has to many meanings behind it.

What do you consider NORMAL if I may ask????

I am pretty sure you and I would not be friends past a certain point, then you would be trying to convert me.
Again I could be wrong about that one as well.

It is your turn now
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Coffeecat,

You seem to lack understanding concerning Jesus Christ and the purpose of the Gospel.

All kidding aside, what is your viewpoint concerning God and the plan of salvation.

thanks,

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

I really don't care what you think.

i can't believe you are actually asking this??

You are truly DAFT .

I don't have to or need to be saved.

I feel bad that you are still living under that impression.

What have you done to be saved???