3 grand principles of the scholar

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_wee bird
_Emeritus

3 grand principles of the scholar

Post by _wee bird »

hi, i am new to apologetics and i just want to say that you guys are wrong and im going to tell you how the lord has guided the defenders of the faith and whats right? ok, im going to tell you now why. Doctor peterson from byu has shown that most scholars ignore the Book of Mormon because they arent intersted in it so we don't know what their opinion is on it. So people are wrong to say that experts believe that its false because as the Book of Mormon predicts people are fools and wont take it seriously. Doctor hamblin from byu has shown that SOME experts on south america have said bad things about the Book of Mormon but they don't count because they havnt studied it enough so even though they are experts in south america we can't trust them. But maybe someday an expert in south america will become interested enough and read the book a lot and still say something bad?? but as doctor reynolds from clairmount has shown real scholars don't attack other religions so if this ever happened it wouldn't count because that's not real scholraship.

only the experts at places like byu fulfill the three criteria of scholorship that guarntees we get an opinion we can trust. only they simultaneously study the Book of Mormon without saying that it's wrong, only they have read the Book of Mormon enough to know what it says, and only they know enough about south america. and that this principle has been shown by combining the works of three independent witnesses is more proof that its right.
_rcrocket

Re: 3 grand principles of the scholar

Post by _rcrocket »

Careful. Trollers posing as ignorant and inarticulate members of the church are probably pretty common things.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

but as doctor reynolds from clairmount has shown real scholars don't attack other religions so if this ever happened it wouldn't count because that's not real scholraship.

I assume you're referring to Juliann Reynolds. In which case, lol.....
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

but as doctor reynolds from clairmount has shown real scholars don't attack other religions so if this ever happened it wouldn't count because that's not real scholraship.

Boy, she must be doing pretty well perpetuating her myth!
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Mister Scratch wrote:

I assume you're referring to Juliann Reynolds. In which case, lol.....

DR Reynolds? DR? The perpetual wrong headed wench (copywrite pending) has yet to earn her masters, let alone her PhD. Man, I haven't laughed so much all day.
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

But, if she (dr. reynolds) says she (dr. reynolds) is a scholar, then she (dr. reynolds) is a scholar, right? Or am I missing something?
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

gramps wrote:But, if she (dr. reynolds) says she (dr. reynolds) is a scholar, then she (dr. reynolds) is a scholar, right? Or am I missing something?

Only that she isn't a doctor or a scholar. I'd love to see the quote where she claims to be, though. That would be worth putting up on the wall to look at when I need a laugh.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Hi there,

Here is what 'wee bird' recently wrote under Juliann Reynolds' Profile in Mister Scratch's FAIR Blog there:

:(:( She's still going to clairmount for instance for the past couple years shes been taking a class in greek which is why the mods at FAIR are all greek names because she knows a lot about it.
( http://mormondiscussions.com/discuss/we ... ry.php?e=4 )