Mister Scratch, a word with you please

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Jersey Girl wrote:Mister Scratch asks: Finally, what gives with these people on ZLMB? Don't they know that they are more than welcome to come on over here and discuss?

Jersey Girl: I don't know what gives with them...I checked there and there are now more "new" posters there. Also, what looks like a mod...but I don't think it's a mod posting on the same thread. Don't ask me what it's about!

Yeah. I have been following that thread. Really, I see no reason why those folks feel that they can't come over here an discuss. Perhaps I'll register at Z in order to answer their "charges."

Honestly, I have to wonder why they are so bent out of shape. So what if there is a blog chronicling the world of FAIR? FAIR says, quite explicitly, that it is in the business of defending Mormonism. So what does is say to the world when FAIR feels that it cannot even defend itself?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mister Scratch wrote:(I wonder if there is a way to tinker with the blog to make it easier to access all of the dossiers. I am still rather new to bloggin.)

I asked Keene if he could install a mod or something which would list "archives" to the right of the blog, sort of like you see at Samuel the Utahnite's blog at http://mormontruth.blogspot.com. I, too, would like it to be obvious to all readers that there's more material there than just what they see on the opening page.

A few of these posters have been banned from the ironically named FAIRboard, however, and I haven't yet decided how I am going to treat that.

I am going to start a blog soon documenting all the people who have been banned from FAIR and the backstories thereunto.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:(I wonder if there is a way to tinker with the blog to make it easier to access all of the dossiers. I am still rather new to bloggin.)

I asked Keene if he could install a mod or something which would list "archives" to the right of the blog, sort of like you see at Samuel the Utahnite's blog at http://mormontruth.blogspot.com. I, too, would like it to be obvious to all readers that there's more material there than just what they see on the opening page.

I'm working on it. I think it has to do with the default template. I'll be throwing some other templates up soon and hopefully those templates will have the features.

As a reminder, donators to the site get their pick of template, or an "advanced" blog which allows them to edit the HTML manually (ala livejournal).
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

I always thought that once some one's real name was posted anywhere it became a matter of public record.

So if these real names you were using were ever posted anywhere else before you put them on your blog you have every rightl legally if you choose to use their real names.

If you removed them to be nice that is cool
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Mister Scratch wrote:As for Pahoran, I will happily remove his real name if he wants me to.

Pahoran (a.k.a. _____) has revealed/used his real name for years, and he is well known by his real name.

As for juliann, I will remove that too, if she so desires, though I hardly think it's a secret who she is.

Juliann (a.k.a. Juliann Reynolds) has also made no secret of her real name, and loves to promote her real name as a FAIR founder.

As for the accusation leveled by Smac ...

Even Smac (a.k.a. Spencer MacDonald) has proudly proclaimed his real name on FAIR, usually in castigating others who use a moniker.

All of the above three, for years, have ridiculed anyone who refuses to disclose his/her real identity. Yet, now, they gripe about their own names. You did nothing wrong, Mr. Scratch, each of the three have boastfully used their real names to attack anyone who disagrees with them. Ergo, their real names are fair game, because they made them an issue.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:As for Pahoran, I will happily remove his real name if he wants me to.

Pahoran (a.k.a. _____) has revealed/used his real name for years, and he is well known by his real name.

As for juliann, I will remove that too, if she so desires, though I hardly think it's a secret who she is.

Juliann (a.k.a. Juliann Reynolds) has also made no secret of her real name, and loves to promote her real name as a FAIR founder.

As for the accusation leveled by Smac ...

Even Smac (a.k.a. Spencer MacDonald) has proudly proclaimed his real name on FAIR, usually in castigating others who use a moniker.

All of the above three, for years, have ridiculed anyone who refuses to disclose his/her real identity. Yet, now, they gripe about their own names. You did nothing wrong, Mr. Scratch, each of the three have boastfully used their real names to attack anyone who disagrees with them. Ergo, their real names are fair game, because they made them an issue.

Well spoken, from the agent of anonymity.
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Plutarch wrote:Well spoken, from the agent of anonymity.

Thanks, Bob.
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Thanks, Bob.

Who's Bob?

rcrocket@msn.com
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Plutarch wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Thanks, Bob.

Who's Bob?

rcrocket@msn.com

Robert "Bob" Crockett.

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The problem with using real names is that it can subject the user to harassment and other harms from nut-cases on the Internet (no, I am talking about those nut-cases other than myself). We all share some responsibility to make sure that does not happen. Look at the backlash some of us have recently faced from FAIR as an example of peoples will toward punishment and retribution. Theological purity can be a powerful motivating factor that can help to override compassion and caring for some folks.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace