From "True Doctrine" in the Celestial Forum

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

From "True Doctrine" in the Celestial Forum

Post by _Nortinski »

[MODERATOR NOTE: Please, please keep all your comments "Rated G" in the Celestial Forum. Also, please be as polite and respectful as possible to everyone else while you're in the Celestial Forum.

I really want you to be able to say whatever you want to say however you want to say it, but for the sake of everyone's comfort level let's keep things in the proper forum. For example, if you see something in the Celestial Forum and wish to really "let 'em have it" with guns a-blazin', please start a new thread in either the Terrestrial or Telestial forum, as appropriate. Thanks!

The following are posts which have been split off from the "True Doctrine" thread in the Celestial Forum. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.]

richardMdBorn wrote:
Gazelam wrote:Richard,

Would you please contrast and compare your beliefs with Mormon Doctrine.

Thanks,

Gazelam
Well, I don't believe that God the Father had a father. Is that part of Mormon Doctrine in your opinion?

I do. Sort of. I believe that he was his own father. And his father before him. Etc....

Nort

P.S. Maybe God is a time traveler who had sex with his own mother.
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Nortinski wrote:
richardMdBorn wrote:
Gazelam wrote:Richard,

Would you please contrast and compare your beliefs with Mormon Doctrine.

Thanks,

Gazelam
Well, I don't believe that God the Father had a father. Is that part of Mormon Doctrine in your opinion?

I do. Sort of. I believe that he was his own father. And his father before him. Etc....

Nort

P.S. Maybe God is a time traveler who had sex with his own mother.

Edited to clarify: I didn't mean to say that there is an endless string of Gods. What I meant to say is that I believe that God could very well be his own father. So, his son would actually become HIS own father. When one becomes his own father, it's an eternal cycle. You would, in effect, never cease to exist and would become eternal. But first you would have to get over the whole "having sex with your own mother" thing. Gross.

This brings me back to my old theory that maybe "God" is actually a time traveler. Maybe he's the first time traveler. He could have gone back in time and become his own father. It's a deep thought but one worth entertaining.
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Hey I am really offended by that picture of men doing GAY things, and they are almost nude.

Where is the damn censorship on this board?????

Please I think this should be moved to another thread now.

TAP TAP TAP that is my foot
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Thanks all for sharing, its late and I'll have to comment on them tommorow.

Porter,

Please answer the question posed at the top of the forum. Norts your friend it seems, please follow his example. I'm not here to attack, I'm here to discuss.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Fine.

As far as I am concerned I am out of the church, an exmormon and an anti-mormon. It is my duty to warn all entrapped by it and those who may fall prey to its hungry tenticles.

I have not removed my name because I don't believe they will actually do that. I know they will still count me as part of Hinck's "12 million strong" BS campaign at GC next spring.

Once I see HARD evidence of this(HA! hard evidence abounds in LDS Inc) then and only then, will I request name removal. 'Sides, it keeps the zealous ones coming by for a dose of truth once in a while, although I think my house may have been blacklisted as no mishies have stepped onto my front porch since the last two ran off my property dragging a beat up testimonkey that my 800 pound Gorilla(named Truth) used as a hackie-sack.

Where am I now attending? Nowhere religious, that's for damn sure. Mormonism and my exit thereof taught me I am happier without the mean SOB named god. Killing your own kids because the don't figure out your riddles and turning your back on 1/3 of your children because they followed their older brother is not a father I aspire to be. Plus the whole idea of incest with Adam and Eve is just sick.

Differences? I am free to do what I want, to think about things that Mormonism and religion claimed to have already answered. Free to enjoy coffee, with half and half.. free to make coffee in my own home! Free to drink beer or liquor or wine with friends and enjoy their genuine company. Like at work parties, being able to get drunk and just hang out with my coworkers and talk about anything... and show em my secret handshakes and tell them what the name new name BOAZ means LOL!

Free to just listen to non Mormons and not hang on every damn word looking for a place to set a hook into their lives and pull them down into the "gospel". THAT is the most refreshing thing being outta Mormonism, not feeling the need to always be on the make for the next convert. 'Course now the shoe is on the other foot and I am on the make for the next deconvert or possible ex-investiagator!

Not looking down on my non Mormon neighbors because "they don't have what WE have...in the 'gospel'"

Being moral and decent because I am, not because it will score me points in the after life, or out of fear.

Living my life for when I am alive, and not for when I am dead.

Knowing I have broken the Mormon chain of deceit and lies in my family and that my children will not have to live through the Mormon BS that I did, only to have to figure out how to get out of it 15-20 years later.
Just being normal, like the rest of the non Mormon world.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Mr. Porter

Post by _Gazelam »

Thank you for your post.

I would ask you this also. What is your view of Jesus Christ? what is your view of the Plan of Salvation, or rather, in non-mormon lingo, the purpose of life?

Like I said to Gramps, I understand the feeling normal thing. I took a "vacation" from the church a few years ago, not out of animosity towards anything. I can't really remember why. But I do recall that feeling of the pressure of responsibility leaveing me, and at first it did feel freeing. Eventually I just felt that desire welling up in me to do what I knew was right and to stop wasteing my time and get back to work.

Let me ask you this, were you raised in the church? Or did you convert at some point? Did you ever have a subject about the gospel that was a favorite?

Thanks ,

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Gramps

Gazelam wrote:Thanks alot for your post. Yours set an example that others, and hopefully more, will follow.

I understand what you mean about a sence of freedom when you set aside the church. That is one of the halmarks of the christian faith, is that God demands something of his people. between watching what you do, being aware that people watch what you do, denying yourself the ability to watch a popular movie because its rated R, spending your weekend at church. These things can build up and make you frustrated and angry if you are doing them without the company of the Holy Ghost. Even with the company of the Holy Ghost they can sometimes get frustrating. I read the biography of Bruce R McConkie and he talked about the need of finding a balance betwen church and family time. I spoke a little about this with my bishop as well, he stated that it wasn't really that great a burden to him, being a Bishop I mean, because he put that Job on a schedule. he is Bishop at church functions, on Sundays, and on Thursdays when he does his interviews. the rest of the time he spends with his family and doing normal things. He found his balance.

Why do people go to church? Because they believe in God. They believe that there is a purpose to life. What do you believe is the purpose in life gramps? Why are we here? What is your view?
My good hail, are you serious? Most do it out of duty and routine. I have never met a child that enjoys chruch. So then, are they being forced to believe in god?

As for people telling you that you will be eternally unhappy, they lack understanding. The Father will place you where you are comfortable. If you have lived your life after the manner of the world, then that is where you wil stay, among others who feel the same way. But what peopel are clumsily trying to express to you is that there is more. it is only in the highest kingdom that marriage and progeny continue.

how does all of that marriage and progeny continue?

It is by accepting responsibilities in spiritual matters, eternal matters, that God can entrust you with all that he has. If that does not interest you, than so be it. I simply offer you that there is more to learn and understand.
Stop your sappy preachy nauseating nonsensical BS. Give me a break. "THE FATHER will place you??" WTF? Says who? GAz? GAAAGH

Golly gee gramps, the great orGAZmo has spoken of your fate and salvation.

Pass me a shovel! There is a huge pile of horse cah cah that needs cleanin up!
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Mr. Porter

Gazelam wrote:Thank you for your post.

I would ask you this also. What is your view of Jesus Christ? what is your view of the Plan of Salvation, or rather, in non-mormon lingo, the purpose of life?
Jesus is nothing more than a fictional character. If he did exist, and were here today, he'd live in SoCal, surfing all summer, smoking pot, and have huge dreadlocks. He is as real as the Easter bunny.

Like I said to Gramps, I understand the feeling normal thing. I took a "vacation" from the church a few years ago, not out of animosity towards anything. I can't really remember why. But I do recall that feeling of the pressure of responsibility leaveing me, and at first it did feel freeing. Eventually I just felt that desire welling up in me to do what I knew was right and to stop wasteing my time and get back to work.

Ahh haaa! We slowly peel back the layers of the onion known as Gaz... So then is your being here some part of your penance? Do feel some false kinship with us are here to help us back?

Gaz, I did not stop attending church for frivolous reasons. I did not go inactive.

Ya see Gaz, the diff between you and me is I know the church is not true, I know Joseph Smith was a charlatan on the same level as Warren Jeffs and David Koresh.

Once I came to that realization, I stepped back and asked myself, does this organization bring me any joy? NO. Then why stay?

Let me ask you this, were you raised in the church? Or did you convert at some point? Did you ever have a subject about the gospel that was a favorite?
Shist man read my posts. Yes, I was raised in the cult just north of the Mo'Vatican(SLC). I was naïve to the point that I did not know old Joe liked the ladies until I was 38.

Hah hah ha ha Did I ever have a subject about the goshspell that was a fav?

Sure, stake and general conference. why? no church!

Had I found Fawn Brodie's book or Mormon Enigma in my high school years, I would not be here today as I would have jettisoned LDS back then.

I have told my now 13 year old son about all of the rotting festering meat when he was 11. A child knows BS when he/she smells it.

by the way, my 9 year old daughter loves Starbucks.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Porter,

How is it that it took you 38 years of being raised in the church before you found out about polygamy? In all your classes at church no one ever cracked open sec. 132?

Did you serve a mission? I guess if it took that long to find out about polygamy probably not. What brings you to a Mormon discussion board if you have no belief in God? What do you feel you gain in discussing these things?

I just have a hard time understanding someone that ses no purpose in life. Or maybe you do. What do you see is the purpose of life?

thanks

Gaz
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

I knew about polygamy for most of my life. I did not learn about polyandry until about 15 years ago. And 15 years of rationalization was all I could do. I felt a lot better about things when I stopped giving Joseph a pass for what he did.