A question for the forum

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Are Mormons Christian

Post by _Gazelam »

Lets put this in a modern setting.

An interfaith confrence is held with the larger of the 1,500 various christian religions attending to discuss various gospel topics.

In the section of the confrence discussing the trinity an LDS member addresses the attendees and tells the story of the First Vision.

What woudl be the responce of the attendees?

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Are Mormons Christian

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote:Lets put this in a modern setting.

An interfaith confrence is held with the larger of the 1,500 various christian religions attending to discuss various gospel topics.

In the section of the confrence discussing the trinity an LDS member addresses the attendees and tells the story of the First Vision.

Gaz

Possible answers:

1. laughter

2. embarrassed silence

3. ignoring it

4. incredulous shock

5. pity
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

harmony wrote:
Gazelam wrote:Lets put this in a modern setting.

Gaz

Possible answers:

1. laughter

2. embarrassed silence

3. ignoring it

4. incredulous shock

5. pity

Harmony,

is there anything LDS you actually believe? I mean really, if you think that Smith was such a fake then what do you believe from an LDS stand point?

Jason
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Harmony,

is there anything LDS you actually believe? I mean really, if you think that Smith was such a fake then what do you believe from an LDS stand point?

Jason

I think Joseph got it pretty correct, right up until it all fell apart when he couldn't keep his hands off Fanny Alger. I think the whole shebang went off the track then, and it's not been completely right since then.