Will cockroaches have Eternal Life?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

truth dancer wrote:Hi Ray...

Well, first I don't believe we can even glimpse what will be next if anything is because our senses have developed for very specific purposes based on our world which is based on the curvature of space time sooooooooo I do not think humankind or anything on our earth has the ability to perceive something beyond our immediate abilities.

TD, I am with you on this, but my research on the afterlife still continues. I noticed Quantumwave did some posts on this,and referred to Victor Zammit. I've studied Victor's website for about a year now, but even voice mediums don't persuade me that this is ultimate proof. I think it's very impressive, but I still have many questions, and keep an open mind.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Resurrection

Post by _Gazelam »

I might be pressed to find the source, but I understand that Joseph Smith stated that if a creature has sence enough to move if you put your finger next to it, it will be resurrected.

Also, there would not be accounts of near death experiences of ressurection since the time of the resurrection wil not occur until the work of this world is finished. Judgement day, then the time of ressurection.

As for the material that our resurrected body will consist of, we know that our bodies will be changed and made ready for the kingdom we have prepared ourselves for. (D&C 93:11-41)

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Ray A

Re: Resurrection

Post by _Ray A »

Gazelam wrote:
Also, there would not be accounts of near death experiences of ressurection since the time of the resurrection wil not occur until the work of this world is finished. Judgement day, then the time of ressurection.

I realise this. What I was referring to is that NDErs do not speak of a resurrection, or even a possible resurrection. Resurrection implies returning to one specific body, and living in that body for all eternity. This is a concept unknown in NDE studies. Life is seen as one experience of possibly thousands of lives, not only on earth, but in other dimensions, other universes, and even in other life forms. The view proposed by NDErs fits Buddhism far better than any religion which relies on a more material basis. This is why polygamy is totally nonsensical as well. It fits with no pattern revealed in near death experiences. These are earthly, material concepts being applied to a spiritual and spiritually evolutionary realm.

On the subject of this thread, what is resurrected? I haven't received my answer. Are tadpoles resurrected, as the First Presidency said? Do they turn into frogs after resurrection? Are cockroaches resurrected, and if not, what happens to them? Where is the line drawn between what is or is not resurrected? And do dogs remain in dog bodies for all eternity? Are there polygamous dogs? What do dogs do for all eternity? Wags tails and eat Purina? Breed spirit dogs who eventually inhabit dog bodies? Did dogs have a pre-existence? If not, where did their spirits originate? A tadpole is smaller than a cockroach, so does resurrection depend on size? Does that count out ants? What do ants do for all eternity in a resurrected state, and if they are not resurrected, what happens to them? Oblivion? And if ants go to oblivion, why not humans? Again, where is the line drawn? Some religions entertain the idea that even microbes have consciousness, though on a much lower level than humans, and progress to higher life forms through aeons of time, through different bodies and life forms, as the level of consciousness raises they take on more sophisticated life forms. Did you know that Brittany Spears swears she remembers a former life as a dog? Now I'm writing all of this purely as speculation, and tongue-in-cheek, and not suggesting I believe any of it (but I'm not kidding about Brittany Spears' claims). But the main idea I'm putting across is that if we're going to have speculation about the afterlife, the concept of resurrection to live in one body, one life form, for all eternity, makes the least sense.