Awful BS Recruiting/PR Piece For Senior Missionaries

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Gazelam wrote:D&C 84:60-62

60 Verily, verily, I say unto you who now hear my words, which are my voice, blessed are ye inasmuch as you receive these things;
61 For I will forgive you of your sins with this commandment—that you remain steadfast in your minds in solemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing testimony to all the world of those things which are communicated unto you.
62 Therefore, go ye into all the world; and unto whatsoever place ye cannot go ye shall send, that the testimony may go from you into all the world unto every creature.

Porter,
please share with us the appropriate age to toss aside the Law of consecration.

Gaz

My problem with the whole missionary program is not the idea of going out and sharing your beliefs. That part makes sense. Is the grinding abuse of missionaries, both young and old, that I have seen over and over. I'm sure the law of consecration wasn't designed to be abusive.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Runtu

Post by _Gazelam »

example please.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Runtu

Post by _Runtu »

Gazelam wrote:example please.

I was thinking of the missionaries in our mission, who are not allowed to eat with members unless they bring an investigator with them. This of course means that the missionaries don't get fed often, but their food budget remains the same. I've seen some hungry missionaries in my time here.