"Never's" what business is this of yours?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

"Never's" what business is this of yours?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hi Folks,

I find myself with more time to post just now (lucky you) and would like to give the "never's" (you know who you are) in the bunch a chance to express just why they have taken an interest in Mormonism. What in the world led you to this? What is your purpose? What is your involvement? And why?

I'm thinking of starting a blog about my journey with Mormonism. Then again, people might actually read it!

Tell your story if you wish.

Jersey Girl
_ozemc
_Emeritus

I married a Mormon

Post by _ozemc »

so that's why I'm here.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: I married a Mormon

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ozemc wrote:so that's why I'm here.

ozemc,

That doesn't really explain why you're here. Not that you are obligated to provide explanation. Are you here to learn more about Mormonism? As an outlet for possible frustrations you may have? Not trying to read your mind...what's your story?

Jersey Girl
_ozemc
_Emeritus

Re: I married a Mormon

Post by _ozemc »

Jersey Girl wrote:
ozemc wrote:so that's why I'm here.

ozemc,

That doesn't really explain why you're here. Not that you are obligated to provide explanation. Are you here to learn more about Mormonism? As an outlet for possible frustrations you may have? Not trying to read your mind...what's your story?

Jersey Girl

True, that doesn't get the whole story.

I cam here by way of another site, and am interested in the discussions within the Mormon church itself, and especially with those that have chosen to get out of it.

I personally do not believe any of the story. It is a good story, has quite a bit of drama, but, as far as truth, no way.

I am curious to see what sort of people are in my wife's church, see how those beliefs steer their behavior and thinking, and find out about what the church dissiminates to its flock.

I'm not here to degrade or belittle. You can believe in the flying spaghetti monster for all I care, but I do think that we have an obligation to ourselves and our family and friends to have complete, unvarnished truth.

I am a firm believer in truth, and wherever that leads, I will follow.