I have returned

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

I have returned

Post by _Mercury »

After a whirlwind "deployment" to New York City in the service of my employer I have returned to the MDB.

All Hail SHades!!!

Good, now that that's out of the way let me introduce myself to those who have had the displeasure of my presence. I have created a list for those unfamiliar with me:

1. I am brash, rude and uncaring to those using emotion as a weapon.
2. I do not care for individuals who place dogma over fact.
3. Just because you FEEL it is true does not make something true.
4. Joseph Smith was a conman
5. Brigham Young was a dictator of Deseret, in all senses of the word.
6. Mormons have no moral, doctrinal or organizational standard but instead are swayed by public opinion, outward appearances or whatever it takes for the Mormon corporation to prosper.
7. Anger towards the LDS fraud is the most justified emotion expressed by those who have been wronged by it, which includes everyone who sacrificed time, money and potential for it.
8. Mormon youth are brainwashed to obey.
9. Mormons are taught silly ceremonies and told they are to become gods in the afterlife, a silly self agrandizing pump-up given to the faithful.
10. VegasRefugee does not like most of you.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Damned until repentence

Post by _Gazelam »

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: Damned until repentence

Post by _Mercury »

Wow, your so witty and original.

I havent read all of your posts yet but from what I can tell I don't like what I see. Tell me, do you use your own offal as deodorant or cologne, seeing as the smell is SO pleasing to you?
Lost in time
_Randall
_Emeritus

Post by _Randall »

You sound like a raving idiot. At least the posts I've seen of yours so far.
"Kill all the lawyers!" - Walmart. Shakespeare

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Vegas---

By any chance are you the poster formerly known as Vegasbright? If so, welcome back! If not, welcome anyways!
_moksha
_Emeritus

not more hate filled rhetoric please

Post by _moksha »

I am hoping not to be confronted with a bunch of hate filled rhetoric on this Terrestrial Forum. Shades has another forum for that.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Mister Scratch wrote:Vegas---

By any chance are you the poster formerly known as Vegasbright? If so, welcome back! If not, welcome anyways!

That would be me, yes.
Lost in time
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

VegasRefugee wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Vegas---

That would be me, yes.

Excellent. Well, it is good indeed to see that you are doing well.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Welcome back, Vegas. Nice to see you again.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Thanks!

I've been pretty busy as of late galavanting acrost Manhattan for my employer, Paris Hilton (no, really!). Posting to a forum unfortunately had to take a sideline but now I should be able to put my head into this game for a while.

For those of you unfamiliar with my unique "style" of posting, a great deal of what I do has to do with venting frustration at being screwed over by a business masquerading as a religion. If I offend you please realise that you probably deserve it. For those who disagree with my approach, prepare to be offended.

This of course (kind of) excludes Harmony, Jersey Girl and a handfull of others.

Thanks everyone! The exmormon/Mormon discussion boards on the internet are pretty well a wasteland of mediocrity. This board is an oasis of thoughtful discussion. Please accept my apologies for being a reliable buzzkill.
Lost in time