Homosexuality? Right or Wrong?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Homosexuality

Total votes: 0

_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

GIMR wrote:Ditto. Unless I'm included, I really can't say what's ok or not ok in a relationship...outside of the big no-nos, like abuse.

Abuse is out...other than that committment to another human being...having someone that is always there for you..that is really nice

I would add adultery as well....
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Re: The larger picture

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Gazelam wrote:Q: What is the purpose of Celestial Marriage? Why is it exalting?

Gaz

We don't believe in Celestial Marriage....okay you do we don't.....got that one this time or do I keep on explaining and explain this to you...
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Personally, I think it is totally alright. And it is none of my business.

I chose: totally alright.

I can't seem to figure out how it could hurt me at all, or the human race at all, for that matter.

People happily in love make for a happy world. I don't care about who it is that's in love. Just more love, please!
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_gramps
_Emeritus

Re: The larger picture

Post by _gramps »

Gazelam wrote:Q: What is the purpose of Celestial Marriage? Why is it exalting?

Gaz

Teach us, O wise one! But, please without some gaudy, kitschy picture and a bunch of scriptures. let's hear it from your own heart, Gaz.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

I voted none of my business.

I tried to understand why Coggins7 thought it was wrong, too, in another thread. I still don't get it.

He seemed to think that it would "frustrate god's plan" by limiting procreation. I find that kind of odd, considering most heterosexuals I know -- and latter-day saints lead this crowd -- are reproducing like rabbits. I doubt a few people who are gay, asexual, don't want kids or can't have kids are going to have much impact.

I'm not sure why our brains require us to have gonads...except evolution selected lots of reproduction as important to keep a species from dying off.

Loran:

"frustration of the plan" involves more than just procreation, as I pointed out in those lengthy posts, but no need to go into that here, as those posts are still up and can be read at leasure. There are serious spiritual and personal consequesnces to the practice of homosexuality, and there are serious cultural consequesnces when the values and attitudes of the homosexual subculture become domesticated and manistreamed within the ocerall society.

And indeed, for our liberal, secular society, the question is not why do our brains require gonads, but why do so many of us think our gonads have brains?

Loran.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Another question to ask is "Is eating shimp a sin?"

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Why do christians pick and choose which portions of the Bible to follow?
_grampa75
_Emeritus

Post by _grampa75 »

asbestosman wrote:What do you mean by wrong? Is it sinful for those who have covenanted to refrain from it? Yes. Is it a sin for the ignorant? Maybe, but it would be covered by the atonement anyhow. Should we make laws prohibiting it? No.

I really don't like to write this but I would like to express my views of homosexuality and why.
When I was 8 years of age I was kidnapped by a homosesual and was really abused both physically and sexually. The man broke both of my legs with a rock, and broke my ribs also. He hit me in the head so hard that I went cross-eyed for a time, (can't remember how long)
After he sexually abused me he put me over the railroad track to cut my head off, but, luckily, the police came in time to arrest him.

I was in the military when the military was prejudiced against any homosexual, man or woman.

Naturally even at 75 I still feel uncomfortable around homosexuals, but I would not commit any act that might cause them harm or grief. I don't judge any man or any religion because I believe that everything has a purpose, even though I can't possibly imagine what that would be for homosexuals. The book of Romans is totally against homosexuals though.

Now, even at 75 years of age, I am still in fair shape and I would gladly give my life to protect any innocent child from such an atrocious act against them. And I am 6' 7" and I weigh about 240 pounds. I could lift 375 pounds during my career in the Military. I am sorry to admit that I, personally, don't like homsexuals, nor do I feel comfortable being around them.
grampa75
Paul W. Burt
_Trinity
_Emeritus

Post by _Trinity »

grampa75 wrote:
asbestosman wrote:What do you mean by wrong? Is it sinful for those who have covenanted to refrain from it? Yes. Is it a sin for the ignorant? Maybe, but it would be covered by the atonement anyhow. Should we make laws prohibiting it? No.

I really don't like to write this but I would like to express my views of homosexuality and why.
When I was 8 years of age I was kidnapped by a homosesual and was really abused both physically and sexually. The man broke both of my legs with a rock, and broke my ribs also. He hit me in the head so hard that I went cross-eyed for a time, (can't remember how long)
After he sexually abused me he put me over the railroad track to cut my head off, but, luckily, the police came in time to arrest him.

I was in the military when the military was prejudiced against any homosexual, man or woman.

Naturally even at 75 I still feel uncomfortable around homosexuals, but I would not commit any act that might cause them harm or grief. I don't judge any man or any religion because I believe that everything has a purpose, even though I can't possibly imagine what that would be for homosexuals. The book of Romans is totally against homosexuals though.

Now, even at 75 years of age, I am still in fair shape and I would gladly give my life to protect any innocent child from such an atrocious act against them. And I am 6' 7" and I weigh about 240 pounds. I could lift 375 pounds during my career in the Military. I am sorry to admit that I, personally, don't like homsexuals, nor do I feel comfortable being around them.
grampa75

After that story, grampa, I completely understand why.
"I think one of the great mysteries of the gospel is that anyone still believes it." Sethbag, MADB, Feb 22 2008
_Fortigurn
_Emeritus

Post by _Fortigurn »

This poll needs to distinguish between homosexual identity and homosexual acts.
Lazy research debunked: bcspace x 4 | maklelan x 3 | Coggins7 x 5 (by Mr. Coffee x5) | grampa75 x 1 | whyme x 2 | rcrocket x 2 | Kerry Shirts x 1 | Enuma Elish x 1|
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Another question to ask is "Is eating shimp a sin?"

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Why do christians pick and choose which portions of the Bible to follow?

hmm...if i remember right, there are also tenants in the Bible that its a GOOD thing to own slaves and that you SHOULD have at least a few. Its also proper and well to sell your own daughter into slavery. OH! and its also a bad thing to even speak with a woman on her monthly cycle! you should also kill those that are not christian, and much much more.

there are SO many times in the Bible that things are explained in black and white on what you should do, but are ignored or said they are no logner needed. In fact, in LEV. if you look a few verses later it says that whole slavery thing If I recall correctly.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew