Congratulations to Runtu for achieving Godhood!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:Thanks. I'm more than a little embarrassed, as I hadn't realized just what a prolific poster I'd become (I think I must have OCD; I'm sure Wade can tell me). I figured I'd do what God did once he became God: make myself scarce for a while.

Don't make yourself scarce, Runtu. You're way too much fun to have around.

Hmmm...I'm a High Priest. I wish it read "High Priestess". LOL
_ozemc
_Emeritus

Re: Congratulations to Runtu for achieving Godhood!

Post by _ozemc »

Dr. Shades wrote:On Monday, January 8, 2007 at 9:57 p.m., our very own Runtu worked out his salvation and has now achieved Godhood. Congratulations, Runtu!

As of this writing, here's how the rest of us break down who have not yet received our exaltation:

2nd Quorum of Seventy: 2
Area Representatives: 2
Bishops: 2
1st Counselors: 1
2nd Counselors: 4
High Priests: 2
Elders: 2
Priests: 4
Teachers: 3
Valiant B: 1
Valiant A: 1
CTR B: 1
CTR A: 3
Star B: 2
Star A: 1
Sunbeam: 12
Nursery: 67
Pre-Existence: 15

We only have a short time to prepare for the eternities. Let's all lengthen our stride!

OK, I'm confused.

Is this based on the number of posts?

And where does the symbolism come from? I know I'm classed as a Sunbeam, but what does that mean?
"What does God need with a starship?" - Captain James T. Kirk

Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch. - Robert Orben
_Rollo Tomasi
_Emeritus

Post by _Rollo Tomasi »

Dr. Shades wrote:On Monday, January 8, 2007 at 9:57 p.m., our very own Runtu worked out his salvation and has now achieved Godhood.

We could not wish for a better God. Well done!
"Moving beyond apologist persuasion, LDS polemicists furiously (and often fraudulently) attack any non-traditional view of Mormonism. They don't mince words -- they mince the truth."

-- Mike Quinn, writing of the FARMSboys, in "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View," p. x (Rev. ed. 1998)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

ozemc wrote:
OK, I'm confused.

Yes.

And where does the symbolism come from? I know I'm classed as a Sunbeam, but what does that mean?

It means Jesus wants you. :-)
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

ozemc wrote:OK, I'm confused.

Yes it is.

It's the rank structure of the LDS church, especially the Priesthood rank structure.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Shades wrote:

Yes it is.

It's the rank structure of the LDS church, especially the Priesthood rank structure.

Hey, Shades...Can you change my rank to read "High Priestess" and not move up into the rest of the "godhood" structure? I think that would be a cool permenant title. LOL

If it's too much work, don't worry about it.

;)

Liz
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

On the old board I had reached priest +/-. I guess since I wanted to sin and chose to be offended by the brethren and sisteren, I must participate in the repentance process. Hence, still in the nursery.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

liz3564 wrote:Hey, Shades...Can you change my rank to read "High Priestess" and not move up into the rest of the "godhood" structure? I think that would be a cool permenant title. LOL

Done!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_ozemc
_Emeritus

Post by _ozemc »

Dr. Shades wrote:

Yes it is.

Thank you.

Learn something new everyday!
"What does God need with a starship?" - Captain James T. Kirk

Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch. - Robert Orben
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Shades wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Hey, Shades...Can you change my rank to read "High Priestess" and not move up into the rest of the "godhood" structure? I think that would be a cool permenant title. LOL

Done!

Thanks, Shades!

;)