What Became of Will Schryver?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

What Became of Will Schryver?

Post by _Mister Scratch »

There has been a good deal of speculation regarding the mysterious disappearance from FAIR notable Will "Provis/Chozah" Schryver. He was such a key presence on FAIR prior to its sad de-evolution into MAD, that one cannot help but wonder about him. As such, it's time to don our tinfoil hats and float another theory (or two). Honestly, I rather like Kevin Graham's notion that Schryver has simply adopted a new alias, as is his wont. (The theory that he simply stopped posting seems both unlikely, and a lot less fun). So, if he has a new name, what is it? Here are a few possibilities:

---Mordecai. He is quite TBM, I believe, and he registered right about the time that Schryver left.
---Antischock8. This seems less likely to me, since, if I'm not mistaken, Antishock8 is a critic. Then again, Schryver is a notorious flip-flopper, who has gone exmo and returned to the Church at least once (I believe).
---Mr. Itchy. I kind of doubt this, since Schryver never really seemed quite so malicious as this, but the time frames do seem to fit.

I was just curious what guesses or theories others were interested in positing....
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

No guesses on my part, but he did post a reply on the "Who should be a pundit" thread over there:

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... opic=19360

So he's around, I suppose.

(whew - got my first post out of the way!)
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Could Will Schryver have morphed into "Hammer?"

I don't know much about Hammer, but from your (Mister Scratch's) blog, we read:

Hammer is the peculiar, hardcore-TBM, utterly Flintstonian poster on the fittingly named MADboard who is so annoying, prejudiced, and boneheaded that he is barely tolerated by the other TBMs. (Charity is perhaps alone in seeing zero problems with Hammer.) He has been known to support such uber-orthodox views as BKP's sanctioned whitewash of history, and MMM.

I know Schryver was boneheaded, but did he ever qualify for those other adjectives?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_The Dude
_Emeritus

Post by _The Dude »

Good question, Scratch. As a long-time chozah/provis/schryver watcher (and snooper), I have to say I miss William. He could put his foot in his mouth like nobody else, and it takes balls to do that.

Mordecai doesn't fit. His posts are pretty boring and he's a true believer of intelligent design, much like old Lognormal was. Although Will was a skeptic of evolution, he was never so married to a single alternative.

Hammer -- another no. He's just plain obnoxious. Will made me laugh all the time.

I think Will Schryver just gave up the message board thing. Honestly, I don't see anybody else quite like him.

Soo sad. :(
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

skippy the dead wrote:No guesses on my part, but he did post a reply on the "Who should be a pundit" thread over there:

Welcome aboard, skippy. :-) Would you wear a different nick, if we saw you on MAD?
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

harmony wrote:
Welcome aboard, skippy. :-) Would you wear a different nick, if we saw you on MAD?

Thanks! I've been lurking for quite some time, and thought maybe I'd join in a bit.

And yes, you would be correct about a different nick on MAD. ;o)
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Good question, Scratch. As a long-time chozah/provis/schryver watcher (and snooper), I have to say I miss William. He could put his foot in his mouth like nobody else, and it takes balls to do that.

Oh, come on, Dude. You always have Juliann.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

skippy the dead wrote:No guesses on my part, but he did post a reply on the "Who should be a pundit" thread over there:

No because Will's post was from Nov. 3. What happened was that someone resurrected an old thread. Will's last post is Nov. 22, 2006.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

beastie wrote:

And me! Don't forget about me.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

asbestosman wrote:
beastie wrote:

And me! Don't forget about me.

Oh, asbestosman, you're much too nice to be grouped with Will or Juliann. It takes a special kind of individual to be grouped with them, and bless your heart, you're nowhere near their caliber.