DAN VOGEL/SPALDING-RIGDON THREAD OPEN IN THE CELESTIAL FORUM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

DAN VOGEL/SPALDING-RIGDON THREAD OPEN IN THE CELESTIAL FORUM

Post by _Dr. Shades »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Per the wishes of several people on this board, a new thread has been created in the Celestial Forum for the express purpose of Dan Vogel discussing the Spalding/Rigdon Theory of Book of Mormon origins with us. Although I've only posted the introductory post, my own thoughts on the matter are forthcoming therein.

The thread is at:

http://mormondiscussions.com/discuss/vi ... .php?t=868

Cut-and-paste that URL if you'd like to invite others to view it.

If I got any details of the introduction and lead-in wrong, please reply to me here in this thread and I'll make the appropriate changes. Let's keep that thread on-topic.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Alexa [Bot] on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shades,

I appreciate your willingess to set this up. Could you pin this to the top?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Shades,

You might want to sticky them both to the top. Since this is hopefully going to be a highbrow conversation (that leaves me out mostly) it may take time for people to get their responses together. If they're at the top it also will remind people to look at the thread and answer any responses that come up for them.

I know the celestial forum doesn't get much play but it gets some and putting it at the top would help with finding it if it starts slipping for some reason.

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Does this mean Dan Vogel's a 'pundit'? haha, jk.

Someone seriously needs to get Uncle Dale over here. He's probably one of the few that'll be able to challenge dan.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Who Knows wrote:Does this mean Dan Vogel's a 'pundit'? haha, jk.

Someone seriously needs to get Uncle Dale over here. He's probably one of the few that'll be able to challenge dan.

I'll PM him.

Edit: Done and done.
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Could you pin this to the top?

Bond...James Bond wrote:You might want to sticky them both to the top.

Done and done.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Folks,

I think it safe to say that potential valuable contributor's to the thread have been contacted. Try to be patient.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

For my part, I just got done sending an invitation to Art Vanick, co-author of Who Really Wrote the Book of Mormon? The Spalding Enigma.

--Louis Midgley
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:For my part, I just got done sending an invitation to Art Vanick, co-author of Who Really Wrote the Book of Mormon? The Spalding Enigma.

Is there anyone else on this topic who's really good. It would be great to see a perfect storm of posters on a certain issue go at it (academically speaking) while we watch.

Bond
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I apologize, James. I thought that Dale had already been contacted.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb