Update Update Update~!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Thank you for all of your hard work to make this site what it is. function wise anyway, maybe not so much alot of the content, lol
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Gazelam wrote:Thank you for all of your hard work to make this site what it is. function wise anyway, maybe not so much alot of the content, lol

Well gaz, if you want more content, bring it! Our new resources section hopes to become a source of reference for everyone. E-mail me articles and resources and I'll post them ASAP.

Shades:

I can put a search for MA&D in there. I'm not too sure how google will parse through their system, but it's worth a shot.

Wikipedia is also an option. I'll probably insert a different search for wikipedia, because google and wikipedia don't read things the same way. Anyway, it's in the works.

As for the ignore function, I'm not sure I agree with it philosophically.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thank you so much for taking the time to install the threaded view, keene! It is so much appreciated.

Thanking wishfully,
Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

About that threaded view, are you referring to the one over at the old 2think.org site?

If so, I think it had the threaded view in a lefthand pane, while the post you clicked on would show up in the righthand pane, right? Or did the colum-based view with all the posts in chronological order (like we see here) show up in the righthand pane?

The reason I ask is because there's another site out there that has a threaded view in a floating frame at the top of every thread. You have to scroll down quite a bit to see everything, so it's almost easier to just bite the bullet and view the whole thread chronologically like normal.

What do you think, and/or which of these options do you have in mind for a threaded view? Or are you visualizing something else entirely?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:About that threaded view, are you referring to the one over at the old 2think.org site?

If so, I think it had the threaded view in a lefthand pane, while the post you clicked on would show up in the righthand pane, right? Or did the colum-based view with all the posts in chronological order (like we see here) show up in the righthand pane?

The reason I ask is because there's another site out there that has a threaded view in a floating frame at the top of every thread. You have to scroll down quite a bit to see everything, so it's almost easier to just bite the bullet and view the whole thread chronologically like normal.

What do you think, and/or which of these options do you have in mind for a threaded view? Or are you visualizing something else entirely?

I'm talking about the format on 2think as it is now...which is actually the same as the second board that 2think had.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh my gosh, is that the Jetson's theme in the Celestial Chat room? Love it! keene, that's so entirely COOL! I never post with the sound on....folks! Go listen to it!!!
Chinese Proverb
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:About that threaded view, are you referring to the one over at the old 2think.org site?

I'm talking about the format on 2think as it is now...which is actually the same as the second board that 2think had.

Just to pop any bubbles you may have, but at the current moment, getting a threaded view exactly like that is impossible. I could switch the forum over like that, at the expense of everything we've built up so far.

What I'm currently trying to do is find a plugin for PHPBB that will allow the user to switch between threaded and normal mode at their whim. It's slow-going because I need to make sure than anything I do doesn't break what we already have. We already went through a huge downtime while trying to get everything set up, and we nearly lost everyone from it. None of us want to go through that again.

I'll keep looking, although I gotta say, the demand for it doesn't seem very high, so it's WAY low on the priority list.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Bond...James Bond wrote:NEW ONE: How about an "ignore poster" feature so that someone can ignore their favorite nemesis if they choose?

Bond

I am not certain if the posters here wish to take a "head in the sand" approach of ignoring other posters, but I very much like the idea of a search feature also including the MAD board. I imagine we too could come up with wacky search combinations like they have,
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace