Should we shut down FAIR/MADD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Jersey Girl wrote:I read some of that, James. I'd like to know what is accepted practice for Board Wars on these boards. Is this an undeclared war in progress? Are there specific no-no's or might I employ a little East Coast attitude for engagement?

Jersey Girl

I fear saying this *Bond looks at sky fearing lighting bolts* but it's not really a board war. More like a board dialogue. It's spooky. I'm waiting for someone to realize the pro-LDS are talking with the counterLDS and start flaming. Till them I won't mention it.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I fear saying this *Bond looks at sky fearing lighting bolts* but it's not really a board war. More like a board dialogue. It's spooky. I'm waiting for someone to realize the pro-LDS are talking with the counterLDS and start flaming. Till them I won't mention it.

Um...I think you just did mention it! I'm waiting for someone to realize (that would involve cognition) that they are talking about a board where a majority of the posters cannot respond to them, that it makes them look like simple minded cowards, and that some of the people participating on and initiating those threads are people who have already posted on this board. Some of them disguised their identities. Again, cowards.

Jersey Girl
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote: Are there specific no-no's or might I employ a little East Coast attitude for engagement?

Jersey Girl

You would insult their mothers?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Um...I think you just did mention it!

Jersey Girl

Shhh! Maybe they didn't hear me mention it. Oh crap!! Again I mentioned that the boards are in somewhat mild discussion! No!!! I mentioned it again!!! Why do I keep mentioning that the boards are not in all out flame mode? No!! I did it again. Why....
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Shhh! Maybe they didn't hear me mention it. Oh crap!! Again I mentioned that the boards are in somewhat mild discussion! No!!! I mentioned it again!!! Why do I keep mentioning that the boards are not in all out flame mode? No!! I did it again. Why....

Does there have to be flames for it to be war?

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote: Are there specific no-no's or might I employ a little East Coast attitude for engagement?

Jersey Girl

You would insult their mothers?

Are their mother's spineless cowards?

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:

Jersey Girl

Maybe this is the LDS Board Cold War.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Maybe this is the LDS Board Cold War.

Maybe it's the MAD "Let's throw rocks and hide" War.

Jersey Girl
Chinese Proverb
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Jersey Girl

Maybe this is the LDS Board Cold War.

Maybe it's the MAD "Let's throw rocks and hide" War.

Jersey Girl

Throwing rocks and hiding seems a little primitive for MAD. They tend to detonate nuclear weapons when they go into war mode.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Hello All,

I'd like to know if official Board War has been declared and on the primarily LDS boards, what are the rules of engagement for Board Wars?

Jersey Girl

There's a 8 page companion thread on MAD that's still going on I think. The Mods okayed it at least.

An excellent observation. Back in the days of the ironically named FAIRboard, the powers-that-be sought to avoid board wars, since it reflected poorly on FAIR/FARMS as an organization. They tried to portray themselves as being "above all of that." However, after it became impossible for them to maintain the facade that they weren't "affiliated" with the LDS Church in at least a semi-official capacity, they had to divest themselves of the MB. The new MB doesn't care. It essentially belongs to Dan_G and juliann, and thus caters to their whims and biases. And since one of juliann's pet projects is frothing at the mouth and attacking virtually everything in sight, you can bet that the fittingly named MADmods will absolutely tolerate board wars.