Should we shut down FAIR/MADD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Alter Idem wrote:Yes, a window comes up that says "www.mormonapologetics.org can't be found--please try again."

What do you make of it, Mr. Scratch?

It sounds like it may be a local server problem rather than a block.

Dan G blocked my work server (which I've managed to get around using a proxy) and the actual MAD board comes up, but the message appears "You are not authorized to view this page."
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Thanks for the information Liz, I'll check it later to see if there's any change.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies? Have you tried other browsers (ie firefox)?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

haha, i was just banned. And i didn't do anything either
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Chaos just posted at the MAD board that they haven't banned anyone, or banned any IPs. Is he/she on crack?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

well, if im not banned, then theres some serious problems. i would swap over to a proxy, but im torrenting and don't want to disrupt the stream.

Its kinda funny though, the last posts i made where in referance to the sagas of gilgamesh and pre-dating tales of noahs flood.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

For what it is worth, I am unable to access the site, and I get the same error message. I posted on MADD as late as last night. So, I agree with Liz, and I doubt that it is anything other than server error or internet back-bone issues.

But, I doubt my saying so will stiffle the conspiracy theories currently being wisperred about and are want to fly enmass on this board. In fact, it may even fuel it.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sono_hito wrote:haha, i was just banned. And i didn't do anything either

You don't appear to be banned.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Who Knows wrote:Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies? Have you tried other browsers (ie firefox)?

I tried another browser and got through, so must be something with my browser. Thanks for the help Who Knows; I know more about cars than I do computers--and that's not much!
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Alter Idem wrote:
Who Knows wrote:Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies? Have you tried other browsers (ie firefox)?

I tried another browser and got through, so must be something with my browser. Thanks for the help Who Knows; I know more about cars than I do computers--and that's not much!

Oh goody! You can help me out with my car then!