Should we shut down FAIR/MADD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

Who Knows wrote:Oh goody! You can help me out with my car then!

(Laughing smiley face)

I'm good at saying "Hey, maybe it's the fan belt" or "could it be the carburetor?" My expertise is offering suggestions of what's wrong--but with a computer I have no clue--I know how to turn it on and off--My kids think I'm pathetic.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Sput - for your information, the story involves the following:

- a FAIR mod (Liz3564) posting here at MD
- that same FAIR mod (in the eyes of Juliann) posting too much information here at MD
- a transition in the reigns of FAIR over to Dan_G
- the firing of Liz3564 as FAIR mod
- snooping Liz's and mine - and many others, PMs (private messages)
- banning of Liz as FAIR mod based on information in the PMs
- banning of myself

Sounds so juicy eh? Maybe we could turn it into a movie.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ah, here's another reply for "Sput" who can't interpret what he/she/it reads. On the thread that has been locked "Sput" claims that Lady Sundancer is still "crying" about being banned 4 months ago.

Sput, you can dream up all the junk you wish about folks and post it over on MAD where you think that people cannot or will not read the full story however, so long as you continue making references to this board, I'm afraid that those posters who are remotely interested are coming to this board to read, register, participate and will read the full story of various bannings on this board.

Having said that. Nowhere on this board will you see any sort of evidence of Lady Sundancer "crying" about being banned from FAIR.

Lady Sundancer stopped posting on FAIR a month before she was banned. You knew that, right? I make occasional mention of the banning because of the oddness of it and nothing more. It amuses me that a mod team would ban someone who isn't even actively participating on a board.

So dear, Sput, if you're willing to grow that spine I mentioned earlier, you are most welcome to participate on this board. Next time around, get your story straight. People can actually read about the issues you're referring to on this board. For example, any poster can verify the claim I've made by searching for the date of my last post on FAIR. The ban took place on November 5th.

Should you choose to continue to make a public fool of yourself, I totally understand. In some cases, the best choice is to do what comes naturally.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Does sput ever post here? Why not? People who report on MAD threads over here generally are banned on MAD and can't participate there. But sput is free to participate here, yet he choose to flee to MAD.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

huh...i guess it was just server problems. no ban for me yet, hehe.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Trinity
_Emeritus

Post by _Trinity »

beastie wrote:Does sput ever post here? Why not? People who report on MAD threads over here generally are banned on MAD and can't participate there. But sput is free to participate here, yet he choose to flee to MAD.

I'd be quite shocked to see either Sput or Hammer over here. And even then they'd probably have to shower after visiting to rid themselves of the impure evil spirits that reside here.
"I think one of the great mysteries of the gospel is that anyone still believes it." Sethbag, MADB, Feb 22 2008
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Post by _wenglund »

Who Knows wrote:Sput - for your information, the story involves the following:

- that same FAIR mod (in the eyes of Juliann) posting too much information here at MD
- banning of myself

...or perhaps a soap opera. ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

wenglund wrote:
Who Knows wrote:Sput - for your information, the story involves the following:

- banning of myself

...or perhaps a soap opera. ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Yes, a soap opera may be more fitting.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...