Exmos Just Want To Have Fun (Harmony made me do it...)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:Hmm. I thought Satan was having a bit of fun. I thought it was funny, anyway. I don't know about Loran. Does being drunk help you write lyrics? I wouldn't know, not having been drunk for quite a few years myself, nor do I have Aspargers ... can't write lyrics either ... but can have as much fun as Cindy Lauper once in a while.

I'm not sure what your intent is here, Lucretia. Are you implying that Loran is drunk when he produces these types of lyrics?

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

If you want "high brow" stuff, I can produce that (allthough I don't think of sophistication or depth as being "high brow"') but not here. This is an area for poking fun and hoisting petards, not profundity. Perhaps I'll share some poetry with you at some point. The only thing is that I'd like to publish some of it some day, so I don't want to put it out on the web. Not that I think you'd do anything like that, but its just a concern.

As to the sour apples here who think I am either drunk or that someone as unlearned as I could produce such material:

1. I am not drunk.

2. I've spent my entire adult life reading, studying, writing, observing, thinking, and reflecting, as well as living life in the process. I watch very little TV, listen to good music in reasonable quantities, and otherwise continue working through my huge and growing library of innnnnnteresting works, ranging from philosophy, economics, political economy, and history to eastern phiolsophy, comparative religion, church doctrine and philsophy, books covering numerous current events, politics, social science, and political history, and that's just getting warmed up. I also have two years of formal higher education and I"m planning to return to college and work on av advanced degree in the near future, if other things don't intervene.

So Blah...

Loran
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Coggins7 wrote:If you want "high brow" stuff, I can produce that (allthough I don't think of sophistication or depth as being "high brow"') but not here. This is an area for poking fun and hoisting petards, not profundity. Perhaps I'll share some poetry with you at some point. The only thing is that I'd like to publish some of it some day, so I don't want to put it out on the web. Not that I think you'd do anything like that, but its just a concern.

As to the sour apples here who think I am either drunk or that someone as unlearned as I could produce such material:

1. I am not drunk.

2. I've spent my entire adult life reading, studying, writing, observing, thinking, and reflecting, as well as living life in the process. I watch very little TV, listen to good music in reasonable quantities, and otherwise continue working through my huge and growing library of innnnnnteresting works, ranging from philosophy, economics, political economy, and history to eastern phiolsophy, comparative religion, church doctrine and philsophy, books covering numerous current events, politics, social science, and political history, and that's just getting warmed up. I also have two years of formal higher education and I"m planning to return to college and work on av advanced degree in the near future, if other things don't intervene.

So Blah...

Loran

I wasn't trying to imply that you are [ever] drunk, but admit that I've wondered in the past if your swoops on the internet coincide with drinking binges or perhaps the opposite, with sober periods. You've talked about being an alcoholic but as far as I know you might have been sober for the past ten years. You have extraordinary language skills, but there's something else about the way you post, you just seem to be driven by some kind of inner demon (for want of a better word, I don't mean "demon" as any kind of literal reference to Satan).
_SatanWasSetUp
_Emeritus

Post by _SatanWasSetUp »

Jersey Girl wrote:Well, it's not like me to join in herd mentality, Satan, and I sure don't need someone else to think for me. You are wrong about Loran's abilities. He posted these lyrics in under 10 minutes time (so far as I can tell) from the phrases that inspired his lyrics. Perhaps you are not tuned in to things like that. I've seen him do it before and it's remarkable. I'm not saying that the lyrics are "deep". I think Loran himself knows they are not. His ability to produce "musical" language and I'm not simply referring to the lyrics, is something I've noticed in his postings. I could reference several examples of what I'm "talking" about but I'm sure you'd rather mock.

Mock away!

Jersey Girl

LOL. Sorry, I thought you were joking around. It was clever, but I've seen that type of stuff on message boards a lot.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Jersey Girl wrote:
SatanWasSetUp wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Loran,

I wanted to say something here. When I asked the questions above, I am not attempting to embarrass you in any way. When I ask about Asperger's I am implying that, while your lyrics are not uh...."high brow", the ability you have to generate a series of lyrics (that actually make sense) in such a short time, suggests that you are gifted.

Will you answer my questions? It's okay if you'd rather not.

Jersey Girl

Certainly somebody as unlearned as Loran could not have come up with those lyrics in such a short time span. Either the lyrics were plagiarized from an unpublished manuscript, possibly with the help of co-conspirators, or there was divine help, possibly through the use of a seer-stone or urnim and thummim.

Well, it's not like me to join in herd mentality, Satan, and I sure don't need someone else to think for me. You are wrong about Loran's abilities. He posted these lyrics in under 10 minutes time (so far as I can tell) from the phrases that inspired his lyrics. Perhaps you are not tuned in to things like that. I've seen him do it before and it's remarkable. I'm not saying that the lyrics are "deep". I think Loran himself knows they are not. His ability to produce "musical" language and I'm not simply referring to the lyrics, is something I've noticed in his postings. I could reference several examples of what I'm "talking" about but I'm sure you'd rather mock.

Mock away!

Jersey Girl

So he can rhyme. Wonderful. I've created stuff like that to eminem lyrics. But I prefer to use the gift of poetry not to insult other people.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Jersey Girl wrote:
moksha wrote:Scratch, Vegas, and Harmony are now immortalized in song. I thought this was fairly cleaver. Keep them coming. Maybe someone can put Coggins/Loran in their lyrics as well.

Would Seuss rhyme pass for lyrics?

Jersey Girl

Most certainly. But you will most likely want to use anapestic tetrameter as opposed to trochaic tetrameter or iambic tetrameter. Happy Birthday To You is generally writtin in anapestic tetrameter.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Doctor Steuss wrote: Most certainly. But you will most likely want to use anapestic tetrameter as opposed to trochaic tetrameter or iambic tetrameter.

Instead of anapestic tetrameter. could you just use iodine instead?

Any new Coggins lyrics in the offing?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: Exmos Just Want To Have Fun (Harmony made me do it...)

Post by _harmony »

Coggins7 wrote:I get mad, when Packer speaks ... snip

Well, I thought it was funny. Inappropriate, because I'm not an ex-Mormon, but still funny.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

moksha wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Instead of anapestic tetrameter. could you just use iodine instead?

Depends on whether or not you have an affinity for sterilized lyrics.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Most certainly. But you will most likely want to use anapestic tetrameter as opposed to trochaic tetrameter or iambic tetrameter. Happy Birthday To You is generally writtin in anapestic tetrameter.

Aha! A fellow connoiseur of meter and rhyme!

Is it true that, other than Happy Birthday to You, the most famous poem or song employing anapestic tetrameter is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley