Slack Scratch Fever (Hey, its Friday Niiiiiiiiiiight!"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: From the urban dictionary

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mister Scratch wrote:Thanks, Gaz! I actually wrote up a rather lengthy review of Professor Peterson's recent FARMS Review editorial and is has been almost completely ignored.

Mea Culpa. I read and enjoyed that post immensely, but part of the problem is that you were so thorough and persuasive that there was absolutely nothing left for me to add!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Coggins7 wrote:Mr. Scratch has now outdone Polygamy Porter, Nortinski, GIMR, Cricket, LSD, and about 500,000 Red Guards as a mindless, frothing bigot whose pretensions to intellectual seriousness

Well, you are an inbred, Confederate-flag-waving, Neanderthal, racist, misogynist, Gomer Pyle clone. Also, you could not spell your way out of a paper bag.

are only outdone by his vulgar, venomous personal hatred against the LDS church and anyone who dares defend it.

I don't "hate" the LDS Church. And you don't "defend" it. You post ad hominem attack after ad hominem attack. You are an utterly worthless, uneducated philistine, and an embarrassment as an apologist.

You see, it is quite clear to me that if we actually all lived in Scratch's world, anyone who belonged to the LDS church, and was exposed as so belonging, would be forced to wear a dunce cap and be paraded around the villiage for the scorn and mocking of the masses.

Are you illiterate too, Loran? I'm talking about you. Not the Church. YOU. In addition to being a dumbassed hick and a fascist bigot, are you a coward, too? Unable to take responsibility for your own actions and behavior?

Then would come the self criticism session and the renunciation of all politically incorret, reactionary, and counter-revolutionary views. Then would come re-education through hard labor.

Ah, right. Just like your view would mean ferreting out all the "commies" and "pinkos" and "queers," sticking them into prison, blackballing them, and driving them completely out of power. It would mean secretly dumping drugs into lower class black neighborhoods, and supplying people on the margins with submachine guys so they can "wipe each other out." Everything is a big conspiracy, meant to stick it to you, huh, Loran? Just 'cause you're a member of the LDS Church! You poor, sad, put upon little boy! No wonder you are trying to get sympathy for your alcoholism and your Tourette's. You want a pity party! Gee, you should have just said so!

He calls me a mysongynist. No evidence.

Your opposition to women having the priesthood, and your view of the "role of women" (which is an example of the naturalistic fallacy, by the way.)

Do you have any evidence I'm a "liberal"? Or that I have only read "one Quinn book"?

He calls me a racist. No evidence.

The Angela Davis remark to GIMR (which you are apparently either to stupid or insensitive to understand the implications of: e.g, "Oh, hey! You're black? Well, then, by golly you must be all alike!" That is why it is racist. Let me ask you: do you like it when exmos refer to TBMs as "sheep"? Somehow, I doubt it...)

He calls me a Fascist (I doubt he even understands what this term means). No evidence.

Your jackbooted, intolerant views of anything you don't agree with marks you as a fascist. Tell me: do you type your posts while wearing a pointy white hat?

He tells me that I am a worthless, disgusting wretch without the slightest iota of human worth. And all this because he cannot defeat or even hold his own against me in a single debate on any subject he has ever brought to this forum

Wrong again. I bested you in the discussion on whether or not the Church has been totally honest, and also in the discussion about women and the Church. Let's see if you can supply any counterexamples.

and because I am a faithful member of the church and will defend it against people life him who can't criticize it with any sense of balance or intellectual integrity.

Oh, you mean like your criticism of, among other things, environmentalism, gay rights, feminism, and any other movement that makes you feel scared?

This SCMC thing is a real riot.

Huh? Where's your counter evidence?

Scratch has here mounted the dias with the likes of Tex Marrs, Ed Decker, Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore, and Scholars For 9/11 Truth (oh, and did I mention the CPUSA) as purveyors of the most hysterical and debased fantasizing about their perceived enemies North American culture has ever produced. He has to do this because his inability to mount any reallly intellctually serious and civil criticism of the church, and this combined with what al all events is a vast ignorance of LDS theology, philosophy, culture, and institutions.

Wow, Loran---I can actually hear it... I can actually hear your theme song: "Dueling Banjos"!!!
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mister Scratch wrote:Thanks, Gaz! I actually wrote up a rather lengthy review of Professor Peterson's recent FARMS Review editorial and is has been almost completely ignored.

Mea Culpa. I read and enjoyed that post immensely, but part of the problem is that you were so thorough and persuasive that there was absolutely nothing left for me to add!

Thank you, Shades. It doesn't bother me all that much if people don't read the post. However, it is somewhat irritating when Plutarch, Gaz, and other of the hardcore TBMs on here complain that I don't engage anything in depth, when it's sitting right there under their noses. (Plutarch even confessed that he was essentially too lazy to read it.)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Thank you, Shades. It doesn't bother me all that much if people don't read the post. However, it is somewhat irritating when Plutarch, Gaz, and other of the hardcore TBMs on here complain that I don't engage anything in depth, when it's sitting right there under their noses. (Plutarch even confessed that he was essentially too lazy to read it.)

I thought it was interesting how much people lauded Peterson's essay over on the other board, and yet when I read it I thought it was defensive and rather empty of substance. I was glad I wasn't the only one who saw it that way.

Edit: And might I add that we need a lot less personal attack in the world. I'm trying to be better about it, but I have my moments, as Wade well knows.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:Mr. Scratch has now outdone Polygamy Porter, Nortinski, GIMR, Cricket, LSD, and about 500,000 Red Guards as a mindless, frothing bigot whose pretensions to intellectual seriousness are only outdone by his vulgar, venomous personal hatred against the LDS church and anyone who dares defend it.
!

Huh? LSD? You put LSD in the above category? Mindless? Frothing? Bigot? I'd like to see an explanation for that remark. No really.

Jersey Girl

I'd like you to explain your remarks regarding LSD, Coggins.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I really would like an answer here, Loran.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

There's really no explanation necessary is there? LSD is a mindless, frothing bigot, just as I said, if most of what she has ever written about the church, the gospel, the GAs, me, Wade, and other defenders of the church at ZLMB for the last year and a half, which is the time frame in which I have known heris any indication.

There are any number of threads at ZLMB you can read from the last, I guess three or four months or more that will give you a substantial taste of just what I mean. She's another poser, much like Harmony and Scratch who play a good game at being very intellectual, educated, and well informed but who are only marginally aware of what they're talking about (just see Harmony's arguments re DDT on the thread here on that subject of a taste of what I'm talking about in other areas than the church) on many of the issues on which they opine.

I've rarely met someone as full of outright irrational hatred, predjudicial ignorance, and delusions of their own knowledge of LDS doctrine, history, and culture as LSD.

Other than that, I really don't want to get into it.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Coggins7 wrote:There's really no explanation necessary is there? LSD is a mindless, frothing bigot, just as I said, if most of what she has ever written about the church, the gospel, the GAs, me, Wade, and other defenders of the church at ZLMB for the last year and a half, which is the time frame in which I have known her.

There are any number of threads at ZLMB you can read from the last, I guess three or four months or more that will give you a substantial taste of just what I mean. She's another poser, much like Harmony and Scratch who play a good game at being very intellectual, educated, and well informed but who are only marginally aware of what they're talking about (just see Harmony's arguments re DDT on the thread here on that subject of a taste of what I'm talking about in other areas than the church) on many of the issues on which they opine.

I've rarely met someone as full of outright irrational hatred, predjudicial ignorance, and delusions of their own knowledge of LDS doctrine, history, and culture as LSD.

Other than that, I really don't want to get into it.

Nah, I think we really should get into it, Loran. I suppose I could spend a little more time reeling you in but I won't. I am not sure why you advise me to search out and read posts made by LSD when I wrote them. Just as you failed to read and catch up on discussions over on ZLMB before jumping into something you weren't following, you seemed to have missed the fact that I am LSD. Yup, the same poster who posted in opposition of cricket's posts not long ago.

No one who knows me has ever characterized me as full of outright hatred, predjudicial ignorance, ignorant of LDS doctrine, history, culture much less a bigot of all things.

When I arrived on ZLMB, I was well received by most posters with whom I interacted except EV Christians. I spent most of my time there defending LDS and making inquiry in order to hear straight from LDS what they believe. Did you happen to notice the Book Forum on ZLMB? That was my creation . Might I suggest that you go there, Loran, and read some of the Book Forum to get a better idea of the person who you are calling a poser and bigot?

Had you been paying attention, Loran, you would have known that some of the threads you barged in to were (1) False accusations made by Pahoran and cool59. (2) a response to a very worried Josh Skains about his marriage because I have a friend who was going through the exact same thing (3) A joke post wherein I promised to rachet up the rhetoric if wade made good on his intention to post here on MDB...it was a take off on his exact words and in the next post I did exactly what I said I would do.

I guess you were too busy looking for something to shoot at.

LSD reloaded, indeed.

How do you expect me to take you seriously?

Jersey Girl
Lady Sundancer
LSD
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

LDS's posts to Wade and me on several extended threads at ZLMB indeed demonstrated that the poster was a ranting, ignorant, frothing bigot with extremely limited knowledge of LDS doctrine, at least to any depth. Those posts speak for themselves without any further comment. LSD is a pschotherapists playground. Jersey Girl has been much more circumspect.

As far as I know, there is only one cure for your particular problem, and that is a silver bullet. I hope there are some new therapies on the horizon so that unhappy outcome can be avoided (a new twelve step program perhaps).