SCMC (I warned you Scratch...)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cksalmon
_Emeritus

Post by _cksalmon »

Coggins7 wrote:This pointlessness will now end.

Fin.

I was, perhaps mistakenly, under the impression that you were actually the one who brought it up..?

Best.

CKS
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

moksha wrote:
cksalmon wrote:
moksha wrote:I don't want to look it up. What is SCMC?

Strengthening Church Members Committee

Would it be the political wing or the Special Ops Unit? I thought this committee had gone up in flames so to speak in the second to the last season of the X-Files. by the way, is our own Dr. Daniel Peterson still a member of this committee?

DCP claimed that he was an "agent" of this committee. So far as I know, it is still in full-swing. In fact, I would guess that its operations have actually been enlarged in order to better deal with the tsunami of critical information on the Internet.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

DCP claimed that he was an "agent" of this committee. So far as I know, it is still in full-swing. In fact, I would guess that its operations have actually been enlarged in order to better deal with the tsunami of critical information on the Internet.

Judging by the avalanche of said information, the SCMC is somewhat less than effective.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

harmony wrote:

Judging by the avalanche of said information, the SCMC is somewhat less than effective.

The church is a poser on the cultural landscape of America. Its being eaten alive right now and rightfully so.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Coggins7 wrote:I'm going to step out on a real long limb and ask you to provide just one shred, one particle of evidence that I have a single racist bone in my body based on anything I've ever posted here or anywhere else.

The ball is in your court my young nimrod.

You once posted some material about African Americans in Los Angeles that stepped over the line, in my opinion.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

After reading this thread is it any wonder that the people at MA&d say the things about us that they do?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:I'm going to step out on a real long limb and ask you to provide just one shred, one particle of evidence that I have a single racist bone in my body based on anything I've ever posted here or anywhere else.

The ball is in your court my young nimrod.

You once posted some material about African Americans in Los Angeles that stepped over the line, in my opinion.

LOL, how about the jabs and comparisons between me and Angela Davis? Or Cog's "scientific analysis" of hip hop culture?

Cog is generally speaking, a BIGOT. It just depends which day of the week it is, what side of his ass you're going to see.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Gazelam wrote:After reading this thread is it any wonder that the people at MA&d say the things about us that they do?

That we are a community that can say what we think without fear of reprisal from the mod squad?
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Nice smear. Nice slander Scratch. Now, let's see if you can back up your caulumny with a source. That shouldn't be too hard as I must have made that comment here in this forum. The fact of the matter is that I've never made a single comment anywhere, in any forum, about African Americans (by which, I presume you mean Black Americans) because I have no reason to. I do not percieve Black people as a group to be any different or any better or worse than any other sub-class of human beings. Too bad you don't feel the same way about Mormons.

GIMR: Given that you are black, how is comparing you with Angela Davis, who is also black, racist (but I know that you, being psychologically and ideologically who you are, will find a way to make it so)?

I never made any such attempt at a "scientific" analysis of Hip Hop culture. Source? I made a brief comment in passing and it was a philosophical analysis, not scientific. No scientific analysis of Hip Hop culture is possible, as Hip Hop culture involves ideology, philosophy, and personal attitudes and psychological styles that are quite beyond scientific analysis. Hip Hop culture is a subject for philosophy, pyschology, theology, and political phiolsophy, not science. To the degree that "social science" disciplines like sociology or social psychology deal with such cultural phenomena, they deal with large scale group dynamics and mass behavioral trends, not the core philosophical and cultural dynamics and their possible interpretation upon which such phenomena are based.

You and Scatch and Vegas are such typical, typical, typical liberals. You hurl formatted, potboiler smears like racist and mysongyist because [i]that is all you have to bring to the discussion.[/i] You have your impotent rage, your bigoted and anti-intellectual desire to destroy that which you cannot or will not understand, and your little black bag of PC put downs and moral defamations. Its all you have, and unfortunately, probably all people like you ever will have.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Coggins7 wrote:

Nice smear. Nice slander Scratch. Now, let's see if you can back up your caulumny with a source. That shouldn't be too hard as I must have made that comment here in this forum. The fact of the matter is that I've never made a single comment anywhere, in any forum, about African Americans (by which, I presume you mean Black Americans) because I have no reason to. I do not percieve Black people as a group to be any different or any better or worse than any other sub-class of human beings.

This ring any bells?:

Every time I see a thread like this I think "oh no, NOT another thread on blacks and the Priesthood". You know, there will still be people trying to free Mumia ten thousand years from now. Permanent revolution. It will never end. The grievance and pathological, flagellating collective guilt will still be with us.

Well, I've gone beyond it and, in fact, I was never part of it because my parents never taught me racist attitudes and I was never part of any racial oppression of anyone nor did I ever support such oppression, so I bear no guilt or responsability for it. I guess I have trouble understanding why this rottong corpse won't stay in its grave.

Calling racism, and people's feelings about it a "rottong [sic] corpse" seems a bit "over the line," imho.

Too bad you don't feel the same way about Mormons.

I *am* a Mormon, you idiot!

GIMR: Given that you are black, how is comparing you with Angela Davis, who is also black, racist (but I know that you, being psychologically and ideologically who you are, will find a way to make it so)?

It's racist because you are conflating them. You are saying, in effect, "Hey, you're both Black, so you both must be the same!" Allow me to demonstrate why this is bad: "Gee, Loran, you're LDS, so you must be just like Mark Hacking!" Or, "Gee, Loran, you are wacko and right-wing and LDS, so you must be just on the verge of flying off the handle, Lafferty Bro.-style, right?"

Boy, Loran---I really have to hand it to you. Never have I learned so much about how to consistently apply ad hominems and straw men arguments!

I never made any such attempt at a "scientific" analysis of Hip Hop culture. Source? I made a brief comment in passing and it was a philosophical analysis, not scientific.

Which means, coming from you, that it was some right-wing nutjob crap gleaned from some off-the-cuff remark made by Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly.

No scientific analysis of Hip Hop culture is possible, as Hip Hop culture involves ideology, philosophy, and personal attitudes and psychological styles that are quite beyond scientific analysis. Hip Hop culture is a subject for philosophy, pyschology, theology, and political phiolsophy, not science. To the degree that "social science" disciplines like sociology or social psychology deal with such cultural phenomena, they deal with large scale group dynamics and mass behavioral trends, not the core philosophical and cultural dynamics and their possible interpretation upon which such phenomena are based.

You and Scatch and Vegas are such typical, typical, typical liberals.

Yup, and you are such a typical, typical, typical uneducated right-wing philistine hack.

You hurl formatted, potboiler smears like racist and mysongyist because [i]that is all you have to bring to the discussion.[/i] You have your impotent rage, your bigoted and anti-intellectual desire to destroy that which you cannot or will not understand, and your little black bag of PC put downs and moral defamations. Its all you have, and unfortunately, probably all people like you ever will have.

Yup, and you are afraid of anything that is not White, Patriarchal, and Conservative, and you want to take over the world under the rubric of "moral values," which really means, as we all know, Right-Wing Fascist Values.