The matter of choice

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

The matter of choice

Post by _Mephitus »

I listen to a few pagan podcasts. and in one there was a reading out of a book by Patrisha Telesco (sp?) that i thought was really good. Ill quote it here.

"the buddhist concept of "right view""

Right view begins with understanding. Having the faith and confidence to face things different and truly see them. Each of us has the ability to transform our realities. We can recognise the seeds of negativity, weed them out and cultivate the positive ones. The teachers calling is to identify and call out those seeds. And then provide the right tools for him/her to begin making changes. "Right view" goes beyond simple understanding however. This process wakes us up to potentialities. Here the mindfullness of the healer reaches into the teacher archetype and says "watch and learn". Our perception of reality and what truly exists on all dimentions are often two different things.

Take the example of superman. The only thing that seperated this powerfull being from Clark Kent the immortalised was a simple pair of glasses. Was this a competent disguise? Of course not! People choose not to see the part of truth with which they could not cope. In spiritual circles "right viewing" is painfully evident amung those religions that want to dictate rather than guide. the peope in these groups embrace a wider fear. Rather than celebrating the many paths to the one. This happens quite naturaly because for one: It is simply easier to believe we are right. There is a comfort in that egotism. For another thing, we usualy perceive things very subjectivly as "outside the self". In buddhism however "right view" means that when you look at the stars, they are you. When you look at another person, or path. They are you. In this manner, the teacher can walk a mile in the students shoes. So as to teach more effectivly.

Very interesting i must say.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew