Why can't Sput hack it in context?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Why can't Sput hack it in context?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

On a re-opened thread on the MAD board, Sput posts the following excerpt from one of my posts here on MDB:

I would also like to note MDB's way of recruiting LDS to post over there. It seems like they insult them and taunt them till they go over there and defend themselves. Seems like a great way to get LDS posters over there, would you all agree?aggressive.gif

Stuff like this from LSD proves my point:

So dear, Sput, if you're willing to grow that spine I mentioned earlier, you are most welcome to participate on this board.

Bear with me, while I post the full context of the posts that he/she/it is quoting from and let's see where the taunts and insults are coming from.

Here is the first of two posts I made in response to Sput who persists in painting a skewed picture for his/her/it's audience on MAD:

Hello Sput,

Since you're reading here, I thought I would save us some time beating around the bush and address you directly. In one of your posts you claim that this board consists of persons who were banned from MAD. That is not entirely so. Most of the posters on this board, including myself, began participating on this board long before we were banned from FAIR/MAD. I was banned from FAIR (not MAD) a month after I voluntarily stopped posting there. Interesting, no?

Before you post comments about this board again, perhaps you'd like to view the memberlist and take note of the many MAD posters who are registered here because while you're goal is to slam this board, you're also slamming them.

Might you consider growing a spine and posting here where people can respond directly to your claims? Or is it easier for you to produce a monologue of unsupported assertions?

Jersey Girl

And here is the second:

Ah, here's another reply for "Sput" who can't interpret what he/she/it reads. On the thread that has been locked "Sput" claims that Lady Sundancer is still "crying" about being banned 4 months ago.

Sput, you can dream up all the junk you wish about folks and post it over on MAD where you think that people cannot or will not read the full story however, so long as you continue making references to this board, I'm afraid that those posters who are remotely interested are coming to this board to read, register, participate and will read the full story of various bannings on this board.

Having said that. Nowhere on this board will you see any sort of evidence of Lady Sundancer "crying" about being banned from FAIR.

Lady Sundancer stopped posting on FAIR a month before she was banned. You knew that, right? I make occasional mention of the banning because of the oddness of it and nothing more. It amuses me that a mod team would ban someone who isn't even actively participating on a board.

So dear, Sput, if you're willing to grow that spine I mentioned earlier, you are most welcome to participate on this board. Next time around, get your story straight. People can actually read about the issues you're referring to on this board. For example, any poster can verify the claim I've made by searching for the date of my last post on FAIR. The ban took place on November 5th.

Should you choose to continue to make a public fool of yourself, I totally understand. In some cases, the best choice is to do what comes naturally.

Jersey Girl

Why doesn't Sput choose to post the entire context of a post? Why does Sput persist in posting half truths and distortions?

Jersey Girl

Mod Note---Hi, Jersey Girl! I think I placed the quotes in where you want them. You're welcome to fix it further if I didn't capture these right. Liz
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

It's obvious why sput won't quote in context. It doesn't serve his agenda.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

beastie wrote:It's obvious why sput won't quote in context. It doesn't serve his agenda.

When one takes a partisan approach to any issue, I suppose there is a natural tendency to not only filter information, but to present it in a filtered fashion as well. Perhaps, Sput sees the world as Pahoran does, with it being sharply divided into our team versus their team.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

[MODERATOR POST: Jersey Girl, please use the "quote" feature; it will go a long way toward helping us differentiate quoted text from new text, especially when it involves postings on multiple boards. Thank you!]
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

I thought I was having a hard time understanding her thread now I know why. Not using the Quote feature. you would've thought by now Jersey Girl would know better but.....she probably just forgot????

She knows how to copy and but not how to use the quote feature....Some of us can use the features better than the others I guess.....I know I have made plenty of mistakes with my posts....oh well.....
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:[MODERATOR POST: Jersey Girl, please use the "quote" feature; it will go a long way toward helping us differentiate quoted text from new text, especially when it involves postings on multiple boards. Thank you!]

Thanks for fixing up my post, Shades. I'm using a substitute computer (iMac) which I think is really old and I just got tired trying to even copy and paste with it. Your quotes look good enough.

Jersey Girl
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

(Actually, Liz fixed it, not me.)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Woops! Thanks to Liz!

Jersey Girl