Tienanmen Square at MAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

I hope that this "move" leads to an end---once and for all---to the completely silly and dishonest claim that DCP does not receive special protection over there. Let's face it the fittingly named MADboard---and FAIR before it---exist at least in part to provide a kind of "grandstand" for His Highness and his apologetics. If he were to leave the messageboards, I, for one, would miss him greatly, but I think that his absence would ultimately serve to help the world of apologetics.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Now that MAD is back to being its old self, is it continuing to oppress its participants with red letter moderator comments again?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

The change implemented at MAD has more to do with what was happening before Daniel threatened to leave or announced his departure. The novice mods had a very difficult time controling the situation. They also involved themselves in the discussions. Daniel's complaint was just the end result of the tone of the board but not the reason for the change in policy.

However, both MADites and MDbites were responsible for the crackdown. The tone of the board was too contentious on a silly level. And that became the problem.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

How were MDites responsible for the crackdown? Most of the posters here are banned from MAD, or choose not to participate.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I was just thinking about the crack down at MAD and its symbolic relationship to the Berlin Wall. Do you know, that the people who implemented the Berlin Wall thought the reason for doing so was just and necessary? What is even more surprising was that there were those who enjoyed living in a repressive and joyless enclave. They would offer significant intellectual defense for its continued existence.

Thank goodness that the indomitable expression of the human spirit yearning to breath free, eventually won the day. Berliners eventually were no long required to live in a state of perpetual crackdown. Lucky them. If only the residents of MAD were able to declare “Ich ben ein Berliner,” which roughly translated would mean they are a German pastry. There would at least be some sweetness to that. Also, they could taste some freedom that comes with less repression.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

moksha wrote:I was just thinking about the crack down at MAD and its symbolic relationship to the Berlin Wall. Do you know, that the people who implemented the Berlin Wall thought the reason for doing so was just and necessary? What is even more surprising was that there were those who enjoyed living in a repressive and joyless enclave. They would offer significant intellectual defense for its continued existence.

Thank goodness that the indomitable expression of the human spirit yearning to breath free, eventually won the day. Berliners eventually were no long required to live in a state of perpetual crackdown. Lucky them. If only the residents of MAD were able to declare “Ich ben ein Berliner,” which roughly translated would mean they are a German pastry. There would at least be some sweetness to that. Also, they could taste some freedom that comes with less repression.

With freedom comes responsibility. Sometimes it's just easier if someone else does the thinking.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

I'm suspended for two days.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Why were you suspended? I thought you wrote some good material on the Book of Abraham. Was that an issue?
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

CaliforniaKid wrote:I'm suspended for two days.

Wha...? Why on earth would they do this to you, Celestial Kingdom? You were a major contributor! I certainly know that your MADpapers suggestion stirred up interest well beyond the rarified confines of the fittingly named MADboard. You deserve better treatment than that, Celestial Kingdom. I hope you know that you are always welcome here, and will never be banned or suspended.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

lol. Thanks for the warm fuzzies. Somebody named alex had posted that Emma was ticked off when Joseph (insert your favorite euphemism here)'d Fanny. Dunamis indicated that alex's implication was distasteful. I replied that it's Joseph's actions that were distasteful. I think that's why I was suspended: back-talking a mod. They didn't give me an official explanation though.

It's actually probably good for me. I can use all that time to go outside and get some exercise.

Or, as is more likely, I can sit here in front of my computer lurking on this board instead. :-P