RFM Interviews Kerry Shirts!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: RFM Interviews Kerry Shirts!!!

Post by Philo Sofee »

It seems to me that they judge all else by their own experience, or rather lack thereof. They present their own view as the only reality worth knowing and only reality possible because their experience is the reality for everyone. That's what I mean by dogmatic. If they want their experience to be their reality that's fine. Mine is mine. They don't get to present their view as the reality and all else as phony. It's just the opposite of the fundamentalist fanatics. Everyone appears too sure of their own view as being the only reality and mocking others who don't have their real view.
Most High
Nursery

Post by Most High »

Loved the interview and the many gems!!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

"Hey Kerry, great interview. Yeah, it would be good if Lou let up on Gemli... I'm free of BYU
now and I am going to have a good soak in that Montana sulfur pool in the background."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:56 pm
Thanks all. It was a boatload of fun to be with RFM! He is a terrific host! You (we) can also thank Kishkumen who also prodded me to get this done. Thanks Kish, you were right. Actually so many of you were also prodding me, so here ya go. So, I was wrong, at least 3 people have watched the show, I didn't figure that many would even be interested. We covered a lot of ground!
I am shocked at how fast the time flies when you are having fun like this. I am so grateful and feel so blessed to have so many good friends in life. Thank you all!
Thanks so much for doing it, Philo! It was every bit of the blockbuster of insights and revelations that I knew it would be. Your personal struggles and Tvedtnes’ departure . . . . Powerful stuff, my friend! I look forward to more in the future.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:27 pm
You got the video up that fast?! IMPRESSIVE! Thanks man this was a lot of fun!
Thank you Mr. Shirts for doing the interview, I really enjoyed listening to what you had to say. Years ago I remember watching your You Tube videos and thinking, dang this guy would be fun to hang around! You should think about starting a podcast.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51 am
It makes all the sense in the world to me though I think you might have it reversed. But we won't know until we know or until we aren't able to know anything ever again.

If you're aren't able to know anything ever again then that is not knowing but is simply no-thing. That is nonexistence and complete silence in nothing.

Just saying.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

And I have to admit that there is no king's name in Facsimile No. 3 and that Book of Abraham apologetics really is crap.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51 am
It makes all the sense in the world to me though I think you might have it reversed. But we won't know until we know or until we aren't able to know anything ever again.

If you're aren't able to know anything ever again then that is not knowing but is simply no-thing. That is nonexistence and complete silence in nothing.

Just saying.
Do you think I didn't know what I was writing?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:40 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Just saying.
Do you think I didn't know what I was writing?

Of course you know. I know that. I was just being a smart ass.

:lol:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I started listening to this earlier today, and I have to say that Kerry makes for an incredibly compelling interview. He is lively and vivacious and has lots of stories to tell, and his stories are filled with emotion and energy. He is every bit as interesting now as he was when he was an apologist--even more so now, I dare say. I'm excited to listen to the full podcast. Thanks to both Kerry and to Consiglieri for making this possible.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14