Bill Maher takes on Mormonism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
maklelan wrote:Spoken like a truly objective analyzer of evidence.

Very fitting avatar, makal-what-ever!

The avatar expresses how shocked and disappointed I am with the level of intelligence being represented in many of these threads, as well as the gross and deliberate misrepresentation of facts. It makes me sad to know that people who are probably otherwise good people would waste so much trying to make themselves feel better by insulting and deriding the faith of others. My avatar perfectly fits my demeanor when I read most of the stuff posted here.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Coggins7 wrote:You're mind is a walking intellectual crime scene Vegas.
and your mind is like Romper Room.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

maklelan wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

The avatar expresses how shocked and disappointed I am with the level of intelligence being represented in many of these threads, as well as the gross and deliberate misrepresentation of facts. It makes me sad to know that people who are probably otherwise good people would waste so much trying to make themselves feel better by insulting and deriding the faith of others. My avatar perfectly fits my demeanor when I read most of the stuff posted here.

Well thanks so much for slumming over here with the dregs, maklelan. Your gleaming presence is an example to all. Wasn't it you who challenged (put up or shut up?) the assertion that MA&D made a ruling against posting links to this board and when the cite was given here...remained silent?

Again, thanks for the radiance you bring to this board.

Jersey Girl
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

maklelan,

Forgive me, I must correct my error. You didn't tell us to put up or shut up. This is what you saidL

"The only guidelines that come close are one that forbids starting "board wars," and another mentioning no advertising for your board or website. We have actually had a couple of links to this board recently (that's how Ifound out about it) and no moderators have said a word. I think it's just another example of antagonists taking the liberty of interpreting someone else's rules for them. I have read the rules before and I just went to read them again before I posted that. I see nothing even remotely similar to what you're saying. Please provide a souce for this rule or quit whining."

Nope. No insults there. Of course the distinction would be that you weren't insulting our faith, but our integrity.

Jersey Girl
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

maklelan wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:

If this statement is true then why are you here? Seriously mac, what purpose is served by debating individuals you believe are "misrepresenting facts"?

No, you are here because it allows yourself exposure to what your subconscious sees as valid points. Your conscious mind cannot deal with such because you have been conditioned (brainwashed) into deriding such affronts to the cult that gives you nothing but feelings of guilt and utter control of your life.

You are here because its the only way you can expose yourself to what you actually agree with.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

Thank you Dr. Freud. Now back to your Bong.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Coggins7 wrote:Thank you Dr. Freud. Now back to your Bong.

oh that's right...im wrong because im a drug addict. Got any other far fetched reasons to exclude the straightforward facts I further?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

Jersey Girl wrote:Well thanks so much for slumming over here with the dregs, maklelan. Your gleaming presence is an example to all. Wasn't it you who challenged (put up or shut up?) the assertion that MA&D made a ruling against posting links to this board and when the cite was given here...remained silent?

Jersey Girl

Yeah, you showed me that I was wrong. You'll notice that I've mentioned that I have been wrong and rude several times, including that time. That has nothing to do with my post. As far as my post goes, you know I'm not talking about you, and you know that there are several people here who do nothing but insult.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

VegasRefugee wrote:
If this statement is true then why are you here? Seriously mac, what purpose is served by debating individuals you believe are "misrepresenting facts"?

No, you are here because it allows yourself exposure to what your subconscious sees as valid points. Your conscious mind cannot deal with such because you have been conditioned (brainwashed) into deriding such affronts to the cult that gives you nothing but feelings of guilt and utter control of your life.

You are here because its the only way you can expose yourself to what you actually agree with.

You fit so well with the anti-Mormon modus operandi--tell other people what their subconscious minds are thinking. You're so perceptive.
I like you Betty...

My blog
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

maklelan wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Well thanks so much for slumming over here with the dregs, maklelan. Your gleaming presence is an example to all. Wasn't it you who challenged (put up or shut up?) the assertion that MA&D made a ruling against posting links to this board and when the cite was given here...remained silent?

Jersey Girl

Yeah, you showed me that I was wrong. You'll notice that I've mentioned that I have been wrong and rude several times, including that time. That has nothing to do with my post. As far as my post goes, you know I'm not talking about you, and you know that there are several people here who do nothing but insult.

Well stick around mak, I've been known to hurl a flame or two (pages of them). If you don't like reading insults, then why do you? There are no insults allowed in the Celestial Forum. You could hang there.

Jersey Girl