The results of romneys possible nomination

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

The results of romneys possible nomination

Post by _Mercury »

It will begin after romneys (unlikely) nomination at the RNC convention. It will be precluded by whispers of magic underwear, racism and death oaths against the US govt.

Youtube, etc will be aflutter with outrageous statements from Brigham young followed by forthcoming questions at press conferences:

Reporter: "Candidate Romney, do you believe Brigham Young was a mouthpiece for God?"
Romney: "yes, i do"
Reporter: "Do you believe he was speaking for God when he stated that (insert racist/sexist/anti govt statement)"

These will be backed up by websites outlining other absurd and embarrassing Mormon beliefs.

This situation is inevitable. It is going to happen because it is too easy to tie romney to Mormonism. If he denies holding racist tendencies he is in the publicsc eyes denying the prophet. I personally think that romney will go this route, creating a surplus of Mormons within the "internet Mormon" mindset. The alienated chapel Mormons will play off the need to support a conservative cantidate, a large number bowing out of their right to vote perhaps to avoid the "wishy washy Mormon" who denied the prophetic voice of god.

Mormon pundits will be brought in on republican pravda (a.k.a. Fox News) and the monologues of Letterman and Leno will finally include jokes slamming the ignorant and marginalized belief based business that masquerades as a religion.

For those who cry foul on discussing a cantidates religion, I would ask you to review the history of David Duke. The KKK is as much a religion as it is cultural. Hmm, Mormonism is as much a religion as it is a culture. Interesting.

I can't wait. This is going to be a GREAT election year.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: The results of romneys possible nomination

Post by _Jason Bourne »

You may be right and you may be wrong. I do not think you are right though I know you and others that are hostile ex Mormons hope this will be so.

We shall see. I hope we get a chance. Either way it will be fascinationg
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: The results of romneys possible nomination

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:You may be right and you may be wrong. I do not think you are right though I know you and others that are hostile ex Mormons hope this will be so.

We shall see. I hope we get a chance. Either way it will be fascinationg

Could you be more specific? Where am I right and where am I wrong?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

It will begin after romneys (unlikely) nomination at the RNC convention. It will be precluded by whispers of magic underwear, racism and death oaths against the US govt.

That's fine. This is nothing compared to what Saint Hillary is going to undergoe if she get's the nomination.
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

Coggins7 wrote:

That's fine. This is nothing compared to what Saint Hillary is going to undergoe if she get's the nomination.

Yes, I understand that Hillary wears magic panties.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

No serious replies yet. Ho hum...
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

Coggins7 wrote:No serious replies yet. Ho hum...

I think that the scenario Vegas lays out is possible, but not likely to the extreme believed. It would, I guess, play out mostly in the press targeted to evangelical types or to other niche markets but with the mainstream press not laying it on too thick.

But I don't think we'll ever know, as I do not believe Romney will win the nomination. But, if I could guess these sorts of things accurately, I'd be making a heck of a lot more money than I currently am making.

The right wing certainly does appear to possess some irrational hatred of Hillary.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

guy sajer wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:No serious replies yet. Ho hum...

I think that the scenario Vegas lays out is possible, but not likely to the extreme believed. It would, I guess, play out mostly in the press targeted to evangelical types or to other niche markets but with the mainstream press not laying it on too thick.

But I don't think we'll ever know, as I do not believe Romney will win the nomination. But, if I could guess these sorts of things accurately, I'd be making a heck of a lot more money than I currently am making.

The right wing certainly does appear to possess some irrational hatred of Hillary.

42% of Americans say they will never vote for Hillary. 34% say they would never vote for a Mormon. Looks like Mitt is 8% better in his odds then Hillary.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

The press is going to go after Romney for his religious beliefs, and for his nominal conservatism. I also agree that Romney will likely not get the nomination, which is fine with me. I disagree about conservative;s irrational hatred of Hillery. There is nothing irrational about it.

Hillery Clinton is an extremely dangerous ideologue and has a deep and pervasive thirst for power (perhaps even outdoing Al Gore's), and both those attributes make her unfit for office.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Coggins7 wrote:The press is going to go after Romney for his religious beliefs, and for his nominal conservatism. I also agree that Romney will likely not get the nomination, which is fine with me. I disagree about conservative;s irrational hatred of Hillery. There is nothing irrational about it.

Hillery Clinton is an extremely dangerous ideologue and has a deep and pervasive thirst for power (perhaps even outdoing Al Gore's), and both those attributes make her unfit for office.

If you don't like Hillary, who do you like for the Democrat nomination?