The results of romneys possible nomination

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_maklelan
_Emeritus

Post by _maklelan »

Jason Bourne wrote:42% of Americans say they will never vote for Hillary. 34% say they would never vote for a Mormon. Looks like Mitt is 8% better in his odds then Hillary.

And only 30% of those people will vote! We'll have to wait and see who shows up!
I like you Betty...

My blog
_guy sajer
_Emeritus

Post by _guy sajer »

Coggins7 wrote:Whatever you may think of talk radio (which I think, despite its limitations, is a wonderful democratization of free speech that revolutionized modern politics (followed by the Internet)). it isn't meant to be, and shouldn't be thought of a a substitute for serious, sustatined reading and study.

The brevity of talk radio, while much less severe than the factoid talking head world of TV, is time limited and time sensitive. Conservative radio dominates the AM band because there is a huge market for it. Liberal talk radio is almost nonexistent because of the opposite dynamic. Hence, the Left wants to ressurrect the "Fairness Doctrine" for the same reason McCain and the Democrats wanted "campaign finance reform", to shut off the vastly democratized spigot of speech they don't like, don't want you and me to hear, and return the monopoly on the creation and dissemination of information to a small oligarchy of mainstream media talkingheads.

Talk radio is a valuable cultural rescource (as is the conservative blogosphere, which has caught the mainstream media redhanded on a number of occasions over the last few years when otherwise they would have gotton away with flagrant mendacities and distortions of events) but its no subsitute for hitting the books and learning at length.

We are in agreeement Coggins7.

Wow, miracles do happen.
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Or you could view it as a great opportunity to do missionary work. I brought in the USA today to my work and had a few nice conversations about the church. I'm not pushy in my talking about the church, but I do look for opportunities.

For all you TBM's out there, best brush up on anything you think might come up during the presidential campaign and have good answers ready. Heres your chance to shine.

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Gazelam wrote:Or you could view it as a great opportunity to do missionary work. I brought in the USA today to my work and had a few nice conversations about the church. I'm not pushy in my talking about the church, but I do look for opportunities.

For all you TBM's out there, best brush up on anything you think might come up during the presidential campaign and have good answers ready. Heres your chance to shine.

Gaz

Gaz, you attract more tithing paying flies with honey than vinegar.

To use another metaphor, this is going to be a kick in the nuts to MormonCorp. One strong point the church uses is its PR dept to stem the tide of negative publicity.

PR through temple square, local reps shilling for the church during molestation cover ups, death or rape of missionaries abroad used to pitch for teh church in sympathetic communities. The church owns its own media network for chrissake.

This facade is already crumbling. be prepared to answer silly questions regarding your underwear, people trying to pass you temple signs and tokens, asking you when they can get their second wife...you name it. Its going to be great.

The college campuses will be the best, most politically active area we will see. Young and willing to learn about the oppositions religion, the world will see Mormonism for what it is: A kooky set of fictions concocted by a con man used to reinforce Joes dominance and sexual conquests. This is the seed of Mormonism, the original fiction.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

This facade is already crumbling. be prepared to answer silly questions regarding your underwear, people trying to pass you temple signs and tokens, asking you when they can get their second wife...you name it. Its going to be great.

I've been getting these questions for years already. They're just teaching opportunitys. My nickname on the jobsite is Mormon Mike. Its a badge of honor, and believe me, they watch me like a hawk for the slightest slip-up. I hit my thumb with a hammer and curse, I hear about it for weeks.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Gazelam wrote:

I've been getting these questions for years already. They're just teaching opportunitys. My nickname on the jobsite is Mormon Mike. Its a badge of honor, and believe me, they watch me like a hawk for the slightest slip-up. I hit my thumb with a hammer and curse, I hear about it for weeks.

Its going to intensify. And don't ever think of mentioning Mormonism at work again. I used to feel the same way but Gaz, they see you as a hampster running around a wheel getting nowhere. When you think there is a missionary opportunity they see it as an uncomfortable moment when Mike is hitting them up again for potential recruitment into your wacky cult. Don't believe me? Ask them.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

You guys are assuming that Romney will actually get the Republican nomination.

I don't think he will.

I know this much. I'm a Republican, and I won't vote for him in the primaries. I'll vote for Gulianni.

I think the real front runners are McCain, out of party loyalty, and Gulianni out of popularity. If McCain wins the nomination, the Republicans are screwed.

I think we're bound to have a Democrat president this round, anyway. That's normally the cycle of things.

Everyone is tired of the war. They want to see change.

Then, when everyone's taxes are hiked up again, the people will get sick of it and elect another Republican President. It's the "same old same old" of politics.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Yes, after 6+ years of a dangerous ideologue in office, heaven knows we do not want another one.

I do agree that Hillary does have a pervasive thirst for power, but so do, apparently, most of the presidential wanna-bees.

I used to be a rabid right winger, and I've listened to thousands of hours of conservative talk programming, and, yes, I'd conclude that much of the hatred toward Hillary is absolutely irrational (not all, but much of it).

Hi there,

It is just not 'rabid' right wingers who have a problem with Senator Hillary Clinton. Dick Morris, who was an adviser to former President Bill Clinton, also has a problem with Hillary Clinton. Please Click here for some details about this. I am Not going to vote for Governor Mitt Romney in the Primaries. However, if the general election comes down between Sentaro Hillary Clinton and Governor Mitt Romney, than I will vote for Mitt Romney over Hillary Clinton. There is No way that I will ever vote for Hillary Clinton for President. I will Never vote for Hillary Clinton.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Brackite wrote:There is No way that I will ever vote for Hillary Clinton for President. I will Never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Especially after her husband got gunk on Monica's dress!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

AL GORE

Will be the nomineeeeee just you all wait and see. He has no skeletons in his closets and no blue dress to worry about...

I will vote for AL GORE just like I did back in 200?????
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........