The results of romneys possible nomination

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Al GORE has AL GORE, he may also win Nobel peace Prize for GLobal Warming...and Money is not everything....
Hillary can raise all the money she wants, but there are too many women that are saying that they will not vote for her which is too bad....I would vote for her but I am having some doubts about her
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I totally and completely despise politics of any kind but will offer the opinion that I don't think Romney will get the nomination because stuff like this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17130009/

Is going to totally kill any chances he has for it and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Edwards is a DWEEB

And Bush is a moron. Doesn't mean he can't be President. Being a WASP will take him a long way as people decide to vote against Hilary and Obama for not being white males.

YeahBush did win...So a Dweeb could for sure win...Yuck
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Al GORE has AL GORE, he may also win Nobel peace Prize for GLobal Warming...and Money is not everything....

Money sure helps. I don't know what Global Warming as to do with a peace prize....seems like Global Warming should be a scientific award, but if Al Gore wins he will certainly gain alot of prestige.

Can anyone name the only President to win a Nobel Peace Prize?

Hillary can raise all the money she wants, but there are too many women that are saying that they will not vote for her which is too bad....I would vote for her but I am having some doubts about her

It's not just women saying they won't vote for her. It's Republicans who hated her husband and his policies. She's carrying all the bad feelings for Bill (not to mention she doesn't have the greatest reputation either).
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Jason Bourne wrote:42% of Americans say they will never vote for Hillary. 34% say they would never vote for a Mormon. Looks like Mitt is 8% better in his odds then Hillary.

The difference is that the 42% of Americans who say they will never vote for Hillary are hard-core Republicans, who would never vote for a Democrat anyhow.

And who are the 34% who will never vote for a Mormon? They are also hard-core Republicans.

Do you see what this means?
Last edited by Tpearl on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Edwards is a DWEEB

Are you insinuating he is also worthy of the Republican crossover vote?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Actually he won the Supreme Court decided Buch Won Not Us

I realize this isn't the answer you want to hear, so endeared to your fantasies, however multiple newspapers pooled together and hired investigators to go through Florida after the election was well and truly over and the Supreme Court had ruled against the further recounts, and perform a statewide hand recount, and in the end, Bush's slight lead grew slightly. In other words, had the Supreme Court decided to let the recount happen, instead of killing it, Bush would have won anyway. The idea that the Supreme Court handed Bush Florida, which he shouldn't have won, is a myth.

All that said, I voted for Bush in both elections, but I honestly wish I had it to do over. And then I don't know what I would have done, because I couldn't imagine Kerry or Gore as president, but I'd certainly give it some more serious thought, if I had known then what I know now about Bush.
Last edited by Tpearl on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Can anyone name the only President to win a Nobel Peace Prize?

Jimmy.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sethbag wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Can anyone name the only President to win a Nobel Peace Prize?

Jimmy.

Perhaps I should clarify by saying: during their Presidency. Carter, winner in 2002, isn't the one I'm thinking of. But Sethbag is correct in that Carter did win a Nobel Peace Prize. Trick question on my part.....sorry.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

Then I'd have to guess Woodrow Wilson.